One feature I love in iGetter...
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

11-17-2001 05:42 AM

Posted by:
GFive

Find more posts by GFive

...is the 'Redial if disconnected' option. IMO this is a feature that's seriously lacking from the Mac PPP client (IIRC it used to be an option with FreePPP when I was using it on a Mac emulator on my old PC, but the latest versions don't seem to have it).

Basically, I have an ISP that allows me to dial up using a toll-free number (I'm in England, btw) but they cut me off after 2 hours online. This was fine when I was using Windows 2000 as I could set the remote access program to reconnect after 1 second and I'd barely notice it. Problem is, on the Mac all I get is a 'You have been disconnected' message. No s**t, Sherlock!

What I'm doing now is leaving iGetter running in the background with the 'Redial if disconnected' button active. This allows my connection to redial itself.

Is there any chance of you guys writing a small app that just does that? It's be very useful to a lot of people, I'm sure.

Maybe there is already a bit of software that does this. I haven't found any myself, but if anyone knows of such a utility please let me know at gfiveNOSPAM@ntlworld.com (remove the 'NOSPAM').

Thanks

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply