How to use mirrors, and automatically?
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

01-09-2008 06:27 AM

Posted by:
Cj

Find more posts by Cj

I can open the mirrors tab, and the search, verify, selection are all working.
But, what should I do after selected the faster responding mirrors?
Will the application automatically add the selected mirror urls to my download?
or where should I put the urls found?

And can all the above actions done automatically when I add a download task?
(like the windows soft Thonder)

Thanks
CJ

01-09-2008 09:43 PM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

Once you select some mirror in the mirrors tab panel, it will be used automatically on the next connection that some of the segments starts. For example if you use four segments with three mirror URLs, when you start the download, selected mirrors will be used on the second, third and fourth segments.

You can use the contextual menu function "Set as Main URL" on any mirror URL if you think that the mirror server is faster than the main server.

You can manually add mirrors through the download's "Item Settings" dialog (double click on the download). Then choose the "Mirrors" tab panel and add your mirrors here.

Regards,
iGetter Support

01-10-2008 03:04 AM

Posted by:
CJ

Find more posts by CJ

Thanks. It did work the way you explained. But I think the mirrors are not fully utilized in some cases. In my case, my download auto starts after click of the main url in browser. And in just a few seconds, all segments have started downloading from the main server, so the mirrors would not get a chance to be used unless I pause and restart the task or some segments.

Therefore I'd like to suggest adding the following to the next version:

1) auto mirror searching and verification (so I don't need to open the mirror tab panel and click)
2) prioritization of sources (for both the main server and mirrors, can just use the responding time)
3) distribute segments for sources according to their priorities (e.g. give more segments/connection or larger segment to faster server)

regards
CJ

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply