catching mouse clicks
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

11-17-2001 12:59 PM

Posted by:
kd

Find more posts by kd

downloaded 1.5 , the "mouse clicks" feature does not work.
this is my third install of iGetter I've never had this or
any other problem.

WHY!!!???
It's a MAGOR pain to manually change all my browser's
plug-in setting

ANY IDEA'S

11-20-2001 05:20 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

Hello,
We consider from your explanation that you've used iGetter pre release versions with the Netscape Navigator/Communicator browser.
Now iGetter uses new way of integration that will give to all iGetter users the convenience of catching the mouse clicks not only in Netscape 3.x/4.x, but also in Netscape 6, IE and Opera browsers.
By default iGetter will start catching of download URLs without any configurations to your browser. iGetter do automatically copying of its plug-in into the Internet Plug-ins folder. Also it configures the browsers to handle the URLs with iGetter plug-in for the extensions equal to the file types listed in the iGetter 'Watch For' preferences. (To check that Netscape Communicator is configured correctly choose the About Plug-Ins function in the Help menu. The iGetter plug-in must be listed with the file types that will catch.)
Some browsers doesn't configure as iGetter wants, because of various cases (for example some other program is configured to handle the same extension for processing.)
To solve this problem you need to do manually configuration of your browser as we explain this in the iGetter Help chapter 'Getting started->Integration with Browsers '.
We will make everything possible to make integration of iGetter more convenient.

Regards,
iGetter Support

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply