Forums Home | FAQ | Search  
Forums > iGetter for Mac OS X
iGetter stopped integrating with Safari ????
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

02-08-2008 10:53 PM

Posted by:
Mike Deissler

Find more posts by Mike Deissler

Has anyone else had this happen? Please help.

iGetter Version 2.6.1

Summary:
Safari browser integration worked great for 3 days.then suddenly stopped. The "Download Now With iGetter" context menu still appears and works if you select it. But, clicking on download links or copying links to the clipboard does nothing.
Now after uninstalling iGetter, deleting its folder, deleting the /libraay/Application Support/iGetter folder and deleting the iGetter Internet Plug-In 4 times - I cannot get iGetter to work again.

Steps to reproduce:
Click a download link in Safari or copy the text of a download link in Safarii.

Expected Results:
(1) Download link would be passed to iGetter,
(2) Safari would display a iGetter page saying "Back"
(3) iGetter downloads the file(s)

Actual Results:
Safari downloads the linked file using its own Download Manager.

System Information:

Cable Modem
MacPro D

02-12-2008 06:21 PM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

Dear Mike Deissler,
You can see if the iGetter plugin is loaded in Safari by the Safari's menu Help->"Installed Plug-ins" command. In Firefox just write "about:plugins" in the address bar. To reintegrate iGetter with browsers open iGetter preferences, Integration panel, then turn off, confirm and turn back on the following three options: "Add Contextual menu support for Internet browsers", "Watch for URL address in Clipboard" and "Integrate with Internet browsers (Watch for URL clicks) "

iGetter plugin (as well as copying to clipboard) intercepts only files which extensions are listed in the iGetter preferences, Integration panel. (By default these extensions are: "sit, bin, hqx, zip, gz, tgz, dmg"). So if the file that want to download has a different extension add it to this list. We don't recommend you to add movie and audio extension because they work with the QuickTime plug-in.

Regards,
iGetter Support

02-12-2008 07:10 PM

Posted by:
julanit

Find more posts by julanit

I am also having the exact same problem. I have reconfigured iGetter preferences as you have suggested on so many occasions I've lost count. The iGetter plugin is definitely installed. I am starting to think that this is a Leopard problem as both Safari and Firefox refuse to integrate with iGetter. I was hoping that the 10.5.2 update would have fixed the problem but no. I had no problems when I had Tiger installed.

I purchased the MacHeist bundle a few weeks ago in which was Speed Download. Oddly enough it also refused to integrate with either Safari of Firefox.

So the question becomes is it Leopard which is causing the problem or does iGetter need to be updated to make it 100% compatible with Leopard (ditto for SD).

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply