iGetter and .shn files
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

02-17-2008 02:25 PM

Posted by:
nortonius

Find more posts by nortonius

I've got iGetter to integrate with Safari (e.g. for .dmg files), but it won't download .shn files. I've added this file extension in iGetter Preferences, so the active list of file types reads 'dmg,bin,hqx,sit,sitx,zip,gz,tgz,bz2,rar,shn'. I noted a comment elsewhere that video and audio files are handled by QuickTime, but this doesn't apply to .shn files - unless you know better? Thanks.

02-17-2008 02:43 PM

Posted by:
nortonius

I should also have said I've yet to see the 'Download with iGetter' contextual menu - and that I'm using an iMac G5 (2GHz) running OS X v.10.4.11 and Safari v.3.0.4 (523.12.2)...

02-18-2008 03:07 PM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

shn is a very new file type, so we will add support for it in the next versions of iGetter. In the meantime, you can try to drag and drop shn links on the iGetter dock icon.

Alternatively, you can try the Firefox browser (http://getfirefox.com/) with installed FlashGot extension (https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/220). FlashGot allows you to choose if you want to download the file with Firefox or iGetter.

Regards,
iGetter Support

02-18-2008 03:30 PM

Posted by:
nortonius

Ok! Thanks for letting me know the situation - actually I had no idea it would be because .shn was 'new'. Not keen on Firefox, so I'll wait for the iGetter tweak. And I mentioned I couldn't find a contextual menu - sorry, I must've been braindead when I wrote that, I've found it! :o)

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply