< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

04-10-2008 05:08 AM

Posted by:
J

Find more posts by J

hello.

is there a way to paste more than one link at a time?

for example, i highlight 7 links together and paste it into igetter, and all 7 would show up (instead of only seeing the last link on the list, which is what it's doing now).

thanks for your help.

04-13-2008 11:27 AM

Posted by:
edsyl

Find more posts by edsyl

importing links..

Yes, I agree.
Let's say I have 20 RS links and i want to import them all at one time.
I have been unable to get this to work properly with igetter.

For example, in the PC world , all I have to do in Firefox is to select all the links, right click, select Flashgot selection, and I am done!
I do not know if there is some inherent limitation in Safari or the Mac OS that prevents this, as it is an obvious enhancement because no one wants to drag an drop 20 links, that is just dumb!

I hope they can come up with a solution to this.
Regards
Ed

04-15-2008 05:45 PM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

We are working on a "Download selected URLs" Safari contextual menu command. Until the next iGetter release you can try the iGetter "Import URLs list" File menu function or the Majenfa's AppleScript here: http://www.igetter.net/forums/showthread.php3?threadid=876

Regards,
iGetter Support

04-17-2008 10:43 AM

Posted by:
Ed

Find more posts by Ed

Any idea of the time frame of this new release?
Regards
Ed

05-08-2008 07:16 PM

Posted by:
dkarjadi

Find more posts by dkarjadi

try this script

ok I found this somewhere on the net a while back,unfortunately I don't know who to give the credit to, since I lost the original link... I tried it and it works great!! I even modify it to work with megaupload... (which is alot harder than rs)
anywho... here it is verbatim:
============================

The newest version (2.6.1) works great on Leopard. I have no chance to test with Megaupload but Rapidshare (Prem. Acc.) is not a problem, though you need some tricks.

For those who don't know yet how to make it work with Rapidshare, first, go to Preferences... -> Site Manager and add the following info:

Server/Path: http://.rapidshare.com/ (notice the bold period)
User Name: prem. user
Password: prem. pass

For the live and direct links, I use FlashGot (a plugin for Firefox) and hook up FlashGot with iGetter.

For a sequence of "dead links" (i.e. links you have to copy and paste), I use AppleScript Utility to run this little script,
Code:
--AppleScript
set URLlist to (the clipboard) as text
set lastDelimit to AppleScript's text item delimiters
set AppleScript's text item delimiters to ASCII character (13)
set URLlist to every text item of URLlist
set AppleScript's text item delimiters to lastDelimit
tell application "iGetter"
repeat with eachURL in URLlist
GetURL eachURL
end repeat
end tell
--//AppleScript
This script will parse links on your clipboard one by one to iGetter. Copy and paste that code segment to a file, save and name this file ClipboardToiGetter.scpt or any-fancy-name.scpt - it should be stored to /Users/username/Library/Scripts/

Whenever you want iGetter to download a series of "dead links", just copy those links and run that script.

Hope it helps

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply