One click downloads?
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

04-18-2008 02:48 PM

Posted by:
gettrdun

Find more posts by gettrdun

So, I'm looking at a web page with lots of multimedia. Images, video, streaming audio, etc.

I'd like to have a contextual menu item to queue certain file types (video, music separately). One click to add all files of a certain type to the queue. Key command would work too.

Best I can do now is choose download all with igetter, then choose the options tag, the select the filter list ... And I can't figure out how to edi the movies file extensions.

Any suggestions out there? Perhaps an applescript I could work with?

Cheers!

--B

04-18-2008 06:47 PM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

You can type your own list of extension if you select the "Custom" option in the "Filter by extensions" pop-up. Also you can update predefined filters if you use the contextual menu commands on any filter in the Filters panel.

You may try the FlashGot Firefox extension which has useful contextual menu commands and supports iGetter as well.

The Majenfa's AppleScript here is for pasting URLs: http://www.igetter.net/forums/showthread.php3?threadid=876

Here is some info about iGetter AppleScript events:
http://www.igetter.net/forums/showthread.php3?threadid=948

Regards,
iGetter Support

04-18-2008 08:12 PM

Posted by:
gettrdun

Find more posts by gettrdun

Thanks for the response.

When you say the filter panel, do you mean the Options tab of the process web page dialog? I can't edit any of the lists of extensions -- I see the list change when I select the presets, but I can't edit them. They don't seem to match the lists in the integration tab of the preferences pane either.

I've had luck with the custom filters, however, I have to enter the custom list every time. I'm trying to get this to a one click or key command solution, so re-entering a list of extensions is a bit more of a hassle than I'm looking for.

I'll look through that applescript link -- thanks!

04-18-2008 08:55 PM

Posted by:
getr

Find more posts by getr

flshget tabs then using a filter list is quite a bit closer to what I'm looking for -- thanks for that tip.

How can I modify the list of file extensions that are valid matches for "movies" or "Music?"

04-21-2008 12:51 PM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

To edit predefined extensions filters:

To save your "Custom" extensions in the Process Web Page dialog:

Regards,
iGetter Support

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply