Sudden and Drastic Drop in Download Speeds
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

04-26-2008 11:52 AM

Posted by:
Snell

Find more posts by Snell

Been using iGetter for my rapidshare files for a good while now with great success... I've always had download speeds of 900KB/s or higher but all of the sudden last night my download speed dropped to around 250KB/s and it still hasn't returned to normal. I was just curious to see if anyone knew what would cause this? I played with the settings in iGetter and the preferences in my rapidshare premium account but saw no change at all.

I also noticed that my internet was unusually slow...websites are taking far longer than usual to open up. But I did a speed test on my internet connection and it is the same as usual, 7680KB/s down and 518KB/s up. So I can't figure out what's going on...my connection is blazing fast but pages are loading slow and my download speeds suck?!?!

Anybody have any ideas as to what could be going on? Thanks for any help you can offer.

04-29-2008 05:23 PM

Posted by:
Shao Sean

Find more posts by Shao Sean

If you keep your Mac running for weeks on end, everything starts grinding to a crawl. Either logout to help clear up some of the VM and other things that may be slowing you down or reboot (this fixes most everything).. Try also power cycling your modem to clear that out too.. And one last thing, if you're on a DSL connection and you're uploading, this will kill your downloads - check out "Throttled Pro" (Google it)

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply