how to sort download queue?
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

05-12-2008 03:17 PM

Posted by:
Michael

Find more posts by Michael

as topic, how to sort download queue? i just tried the Import URLs List on 10.4.11 at my friends iMac and all of the sudden, the imported list of files are scrambled.

files are no longer organised like part1 - part5 or r01-r40, it's just scrambled all around the list.

any way to fix it? maybe an applescript?

thanks,

Michael

05-12-2008 04:40 PM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

Hello Michael,
If the queue scrambles when you start it, you may sort it by "Priority" (the very first column marked with #) which will prevent any rearrangements. Also if the files are renamed from the download server, but you want to keep their original name you may turn off the "Automatically rename redirected files" option at iGetter preferences, Advanced panel.

Here is an AppleScript that may help you import copied URLs:
http://www.igetter.net/forums/showthread.php3?threadid=1032

Regards,
iGetter Support

05-12-2008 11:06 PM

Posted by:
Michael

the problem is in the position of the download.

even if i click on the # column, it just arrange items according to download position.

let me make this more clear.

say for example in my iGetter, my current list of files position 1-20 is filea.part1.rar - filea.part10.rar and fileb.part1 - fileb.part10.rar. I exported the selected 20 files. and import URLs list at my friends place.

the download list is scrambled in the position, so position 1 & 2 will be filea.part7.rar filea.part4.rar and position 3 is fileb.part2.rar and so on

so i have to edit manually in Item Settings to modify the positions. but i can't do it all because it has hundreds of jobs, close to a thousands job.

it's realy weird why would the import list scrambled all the files?

thanks

Michael

05-14-2008 11:00 PM

Posted by:
Michael

Any solution?

thanks,

Michael

05-16-2008 10:03 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

Hello Michael,
It seems that this is a problem of the "Export selected files" function which in v2.7 gets files in random order. This is already fixed and will appear in the forthcoming version. In the meantime, you can try to drag and drop downloads to change their order in the queue.

Thanks,
iGetter Support

05-21-2008 08:45 AM

Posted by:
Michael

Thank you for the new release, gonna try it soon.

07-25-2008 07:47 AM

Posted by:
MACX

Find more posts by MACX

I have tried the latest version of of Igetter. The problem still exist.

08-02-2008 06:15 AM

Posted by:
Michael

i forgot to confirm that in 2.7.5 works great, now import url list also work flawlessly.

but ... (there's always a but) for redownload option is mess up. not sure on previous version, but my rapidshare acct just expired and suddenly all downloads are denied. so i extend my acct, then i select the files from history dan right click and select redownload, all the files in the download queue mess up just like import url list bug in previous version.

not really urgent but it's something wrong there too.

thanks.

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply