Forums Home | FAQ | Search  
Forums > iGetter for Mac OS X
do i have to press ctrl apple click keys every time i download?
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

06-23-2008 07:25 PM

Posted by:
johnpalley

Find more posts by johnpalley

the only way i can get igetter to download is if i do this first and then select the download link with i getter. do i have to do this for every download? if not how can i download using igetter for everything i download automaticly with out having to do that everytime? just so you guys know im a newbe and know nothing about igetter.

06-23-2008 07:33 PM

Posted by:

Find more posts by

actually it works on some websites but not others. it doesnt work for downloading from mixtapetorrent.com or zshare.net

06-24-2008 12:40 PM

Posted by:
johnpalley

Find more posts by johnpalley

and also when i try to download from zshare the files wont download. it just keeps saying connecting/waiting. i tried typing the website name in the url under preferences and it still doesnt work?

06-26-2008 05:06 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

iGetter plugin intercepts only files which extensions are listed in the iGetter preferences, Integration panel. (By default these extensions are: "sit, bin, hqx, zip,gz, tgz, dmg"). So if the file that you want to download has a different extension add it to this list. We don't recommend you to add movie and audio extensions because they work with the QuickTime plug-in.

As of zshare, it seems that they don't allow download managers. This is an excerpt from their FAQ page:

quote:
Can I hotlink the stuff I upload?

No. Being an Ad-Financed website, hotlinking is not allowed on any kind of files uploaded to our servers.

Generally, for all free file sharing services when an error occurs you need to get a fresh download link from their site since they use expirable session URLs. Also you have to limit the number of connections to 1 through the iGetter preferences, Site Manager.

Regards,
iGetter Support

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply