< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

07-18-2008 02:12 PM

Posted by:
niemrieng

Find more posts by niemrieng

Hi all

All the contextual menus of igetter such as "Download with iGetter" and "Download all with igetter" don't show in both Safari 3.1.2 and Firefox. I've tried to uninstall and reinstall iGetter many times (after quitting Safari) but there's no signs of the contextual menus.

Please help me on this

07-18-2008 02:16 PM

Posted by:
niemrieng

Of course, I did check the integrate with internet browsers and "add contextual menus support for Internet Browsers"

Please help. Thanks in advance

07-19-2008 04:24 AM

Posted by:
belo

Find more posts by belo

BUMP

07-21-2008 03:00 PM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

To reintegrate iGetter with Safari open iGetter preferences, Integration panel, then turn off, confirm and turn back on the following options: "Add Contextual menu support for Internet browsers" and "Integrate with Internet browsers (Watch for URL clicks)". Then run Safari and see if iGetter plug-in is listed at Safari's menu Help->"Installed Plug-ins" page or in Firefox when you write "about:plugins" in the address bar.

Regards,
iGetter Support

07-22-2008 11:22 AM

Posted by:
niemrieng

Hi there,

Thanks for ur support

I did follow ur advice. Then I got a message that iGetter will copy a plugin into the Internet folder. I accepted and did find that iGetter plugin in Help / Installed Plugin. However, there is still no sigh of the contextual menus ("Download this with iGetter", "Download all with iGetter")

Looking for your further support.

Thks a lot

07-23-2008 08:09 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

1. Is there any warnings in your Console app (<Home>/Applications/Utilities) about Safari or Firefox?

2. Is the iGetter component listed in the Firefox Add-ons dialog (menu Tools->Add-ons)?

In the meantime you can install the FlashGot extension for Firefox which works with iGetter and adds several contextual menus.

Next, try to uninstall iGetter using the Uninstaller app ("<Home>/Applications/iGetter" folder). Also search for the word "iGetter" in Finder (including "System files" on Leopard) and delete anything you find (except the "<Home>/Library/Application Support/iGetter" folder).

Install iGetter from the following dmg:
http://www.igetter.net/cgi-bin/downloads/iGetter2.7.5.dmg

Finally look if the following components are installed:
<Home>/Library/Contextual Menu Items/iGetterCMPlugIn
<Home>/Library/InputManagers/iGetterIMBundle
<Home>/Library/Internet Plug-Ins/iGetter Plugin
<Home>/Library/Application Support/Firefox/Profiles/<profile>/extensions/igettercomponent@presenta.net

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply