Forums Home | FAQ | Search  
Forums > iGetter for Mac OS X
Links work in Browser but not iGetter...?
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

08-25-2008 05:58 PM

Posted by:
Amir

Find more posts by Amir

Hi there.

I am using iGetter version 2.7.5, Mac OS X version 10.5.4 and Firefox version 3.0.1 (although the problem is the same with the old 2.x.x version of Firefox).

When I highlight a number of links (for example rapidshare.com or something), and select "Download Selection with iGetter", iGetter simply downloads an 8kb or 12kb file that I can't use however if I open each link seperately on my browser and download that instead then I get the correct file. I can't figure out why it's doing it. I have a premium account with rapidshare that has always worked until now and I can still sometimes add single files to iGetter that download perfectly. Just batch adding doesn't seem to work.

Any suggestions?

08-29-2008 10:02 AM

Posted by:
Elke Laleman

Find more posts by Elke Laleman

same problem

i've been having the same problem since this morning. links download fine in a browser, but with igetter, i keep getting error 64 and it waits and waits and waits.

i'm not behind a firewall, i'm connected to my home wifi signal and everything else is connected to the internet without problems.

08-31-2008 12:17 AM

Posted by:
M. Miski

Find more posts by M. Miski

I have experienced exactly the same problem with Amir, downloading with iGetter was working perfectly fine up until I have performed the Firefox upgrade to version 3.x. Although I can not figure out how this upgrade disabled iGetter downlading, I'm pretty sure this is the most likely culprit behind the iGetter download failures.

I look forward to hearing a solution to this issue from the Presenta support.

Regards,

M. Miski

09-03-2008 10:18 AM

Posted by:
DontTazeMeBro

Find more posts by DontTazeMeBro

There's No Good Fix, but.....

The problem when adding multiple RS text links through either Flashgot, or the iGetter CM, is that the cookie setting is set to Safari for all of the links, despite the fact that you're using Firefox (oddly, they don't work when adding them from Safari either.) You can look at this by right-clicking on one of the multiple text links that were added to iGetter, going to Item Settings, and then the advanced tab. If you change the cookie to Firefox for each item, they will all download just fine. The bad part is that you can't change all of them at the same time. The advanced tab is grey'd out when you're looking at the item settings for multiple files in the queue.

I just posted this as a new topic on the forum, and passed this along to Presenta support as well. It would seem that this would be an easy fix.

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply