< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

08-25-2008 10:20 PM

Posted by:
bdub10cent

Find more posts by bdub10cent

Hi,
I tried searching for any topic similar but couldn't find any.

I'm new to this program and was just wondering about the resume status in the download window.
I have a few downloads running, some of them have "Yes:#" while others have "No:#".
I currently download 2 files simultaneously however one of the files with "No:#" restarts the download automatically from 0%.
No the questions I have are:

1. What is the Resume status an indication of and is it controlled through igetter or the server?

2. Is the "No:#" status an indication of a file that will restart the download? (for further clarification all the other files with "No:#" status are currently pending)

Thanks in advance.

08-28-2008 12:24 PM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

The ability of iGetter to resume broken downloads is controlled only from the intention of the server/site owners. Indeed, there are a few site owners that prevent resuming of their files and these are mostly free filesharing services which require a paid account to allow resuming. In this case neither iGetter, nor any other utility will be able to resume such download. This is why we put the column "Resume: Yes/No". Also, if you try to pause such file you will receive a warning that the site owner doesn't allow resuming and you have to restart the file if you pause it now.

Regards,
iGetter Support

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply