Need Help With Rapidshare
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

10-22-2008 07:58 PM

Posted by:
Wayne Gillis

Find more posts by Wayne Gillis

Hiya - I recently purchased igetter with the idea that I could use it to handle multiple downloads for sites like rapidshare (like the rapidshare manager for windows) - in other words simply copying the rapidshare URLs list and it would then download it onto my mac ... I have tried for weeks to do this, but it doesn't seem to work ... does anyone have step by step instructions for something like this ? I have a rapidshare premium account

10-23-2008 10:15 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

Unfortunately, we don't have a premium rapidshare account, but from the iGetter forum posts I found that you need to:

1. Login to your rapidshare.com premium account and open the 'Options' panel. Now turn on the direct downloads option.

2. In iGetter, open the iGetter preferences, Site Manger panel and add the following entries:

http://.rapidshare.com/
http://.rapidshare.com/files/

3. If you want to add multiple URLs to iGetter you can either use the iGetter "Import URLs list" File menu function or just Edit -> Paste (Cmd+V) with copied URLs. In Firefox you can use "Download selected with iGetter" contextual menu command or use the FlashGot extension which supports iGetter and adds several useful CM commands. If you prefer an AppleScript, look at the Majenfa post here:
http://www.igetter.net/forums/showthread.php3?threadid=876

Update for point 3 after recent RS changes: Use only "Download with iGetter" browser contextual menu command or click on the download link and wait for iGetter to intercept your download automatically. Only these two functions send a cookie that rapidshare requires. All other methods for adding a RS link(s) to iGetter v2.7.5 may not work due to these session cookies. If your links are not clickable you can use linkrr.com or rapidclick.co.uk to make them real links as one of the iGetter users suggested.

Regards,
iGetter Support

11-20-2008 07:46 PM

Posted by:
Jane

Find more posts by Jane

My fix was:

Preferences--Site Manager

Add
http://.rapidshare.com/
http://.rapidshare.com/files/

each with the premium login details

AND:

Goto Safari and login to rapidshare premium account. Then go to Settings and enable Direct Downloads.

Done

I really like iGetter's clean interface over Speed Download

01-08-2009 05:09 AM

Posted by:
shaosean

Find more posts by shaosean

I just have my RapidShare account logged into, am sharing cookies from the browser and have RS doing direct downloads and have nothing in the "Site Manager" section of iGetter. Make sure the "cookies" option is turned on under "Integration"

02-01-2009 01:21 PM

Posted by:
Sally Fields

Find more posts by Sally Fields

Sorry folks... I did EVERYTHING suggested in this post
and multiple downloads is NOT working as described.

Single downloads are successful

Here is what I know so far:
- I am using v2.7.5
- I use Firefox plus the FlashGot plugin (all latest versions)
- Direct downloads checkbox in RapidShare is ON (I am a premium member)
- If I select one entire rar file link and ALT-CLICK it... the file downloads PERFECTLY via iGetter without a hitch
- If I select more than one rar file, and ALT-CLICK one of them, iGetter opens an additional window called ADD TO QUEUE and lists all the files I selected. Then I need to hit the OK button and then it sends the selected files to iGetter for processing... in this case 100% of the time each file is downloaded as 16k rar files rather than the actual rar contents of 100MB each!

Suggestions would be MUCH APPRECIATED!
;-)

thanks

PS. instead of ALT-CLICK, you can right-click your selection of multiple files and use Flashgot via iGetter or copy the links to the clipboard and paste them into iGetter... all with the same unsuccessful result.

I tried all sorts of ways to DL multiple files including importing a list into iGetter and even that failed with exactly the same results as before.

This looks like an iGetter bug for sure!

04-02-2009 10:58 PM

Posted by:
berty

Find more posts by berty

I have the same issue as the user above!

Single links work fine but multiple links can't download.

The weird thing is, it worked before! It just stopped working all of a sudden and I can't get it back.

Please help.

08-06-2009 02:26 PM

Posted by:
BNG

Find more posts by BNG

Worked fine for me. You have to try to figure out which part of the process is not working. Do the cookies appear in the igetter browser then quickly disappear? If so it is a problem with your rapidshare account settings. If they dont appear at all the problem is with your igetter settings.

08-17-2009 02:55 PM

Posted by:
jack

Find more posts by jack

i'm having the same problem as well

single downloads are okay but multiple downloads are screwed...

any solutions yet?

08-22-2009 06:24 AM

Posted by:
argun altayli

Find more posts by argun altayli

having problems to download multiple rar files with igetter

i can only download single file !

when i add multiple files igetter only recognize 12 kb rar files rather than the actual rar contents of 200 mb each!

i tried all the possible actions mentioned in here but it didnt work !

any help would be appreciated

09-27-2009 10:05 AM

Posted by:
amalia

Find more posts by amalia

i used to have the same problem but i figured out that when i paste the link on iGetter i always have to click on the advanced tab as well in order to be able to download mutliple files.otherwise, the files are 15kb in size..hope this helps..

11-07-2009 08:28 PM

Posted by:
Roy

Find more posts by Roy

I give up, although I really prefer igetter, it is not useable if you download from rapidshare.
I just installed speed downloaded lite and it works like a charm.

11-21-2009 02:51 PM

Posted by:
jacek

Find more posts by jacek

igetter for rapidshare config

hi
1. go to your rs premium zone - settings and find ReferrerString copy it and then paste into igetter - pref - advance http agent
should work

regards
jacek

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply