Downloads not working correctly with Firefox 3.0.3
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

10-28-2008 04:21 PM

Posted by:
tzus

Find more posts by tzus

I have recently switched to Firefox 3.0.3 from Safari for use on my iMac (Intel).

I have followed the instructions given in the recent posts here regarding uninstalling and the use of FlashGot instead of integrating iGetter with my browser. Despite doing this downloads finish in a trice and result in an unusable file. For instance image files cannot be mounted and zip files are simple not recognised when you try to unpack/run them.

Downloads using the regular FireFox downloader work fine

Can you help please?

Cheers,

Tzus

10-29-2008 10:10 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

The problem most probably is in the session cookies that "FlashGot All"/"Download All with iGetter" CM commands don't support yet. Currently, session cookies work if you use the "FlashGot Link"/"Download with iGetter" CM command or wait for the iGetter plugin to add the URL to iGetter. Also, iGetter can extract only the Firefox 2 cookies when you set the iGetter download cookie option to Firefox.

The only workaround that you can try is to login to that download site once in Safari saving the password. Then try to add multiple links from Firefox. If the downloaded files are too small add an ".html" extension to some of them and open it in Safari. See what server owners want to tell you.

Regards,
iGetter Support

10-29-2008 02:59 PM

Posted by:

Find more posts by

Thanks for the response. It seems therefore that iGetter does not work with Firefox 3.0.3. Will there be any updates to make it compatible?

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply