FTP Usage
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

10-31-2008 04:21 AM

Posted by:
Elyan

Find more posts by Elyan

Im using Mac OS X version 10.5.5. Lately I downloaded iGetter version 2.7.5. The problem I am facing is that whenever I am trying to add a new FTP url the iGetter keeps refusing that with the following message "This is not a valid URL"...

I tried Speed Download 5.0.7 and I have not faced any problem adding the same FTP site?.

Any comments on this?.

Regards,

Elyan

10-31-2008 07:14 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

Elyan, FTP URLs should start with "ftp://" or "ftps://". iGetter doesn't support "sftp://" yet, but in this case you can use a SOCKS tunnel over SSH (see Stephen post here http://www.igetter.net/forums/showthread.php3?threadid=657).

Regards,
iGetter Support

10-31-2008 11:36 AM

Posted by:
Elyan

Find more posts by Elyan

Dear iGetter Support,

Im not a new user. I do have a decent expierience when it come to using FTPs but my question is that with following all procedures in adding the FTP url still I am receiving the same error message saying "This s not a valid URL.

I have entered "ftp://ftp.xyz.com/" the same way I am using in any other FTP client or download manager App. Yet the same message keeps coming whenever Im adding this particular FTP address.

Why it is working normal and fast and easy to add the same for any other client except iGetter?.

is it the user name cause this is a secureFTP? the user name contain "-" in it so this might be the reason?. though I am not fasing any problem with the same details when I am uing another app?. I have also tried using the same FTP address without adding any user name still I am receiving the same error?.

Thank you for your support.

Elyan

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply