Selective downloads
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

11-11-2008 05:04 PM

Posted by:
JohnT

Find more posts by JohnT

I am wondering how to use the contextual menu option in Safari (Mac OS 10.5). I have checked "Add Contextual menu support for Internet browsers"
and see "Download with iGetter..." contextual menu command. However, when I select the Download Now option (e.g. in Version Tracker) the dlpage.php file is downloaded rather than the shareware. I have tried copying the URL but this also does not seem to work. The only working option seems to be to go to the developers site (if available) and download directly from there using the contextual menu command. Am I missing something?
Advice appreciated. Thank you.

11-11-2008 10:45 PM

Posted by:
John K

Find more posts by John K

BTW, the 'Download Now' route works fine if the 'Integrate with Internet Browser' option is checked.

11-12-2008 05:52 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

Hello John,
It appears that the Version Tracker's "Download Now" link points to an ad page where the real download begins automatically. So you have to click on the "Download Now" link (rather than using the contextual menu command) and wait for the download to appear in iGetter ("Integrate with Internet browsers" Tools menu option should be on).

Regards,
iGetter Support

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply