resume broken download
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

12-14-2008 06:11 PM

Posted by:
Lono

Find more posts by Lono

I am downloading a 2.2 gig file from Adobe. I only have dial up and it has taken 14 hours to get to just over 2 gig and the download stopped and now says "broken" when I try to start again. How do I resume? In the segments pane it says "QUIT" then 221 Goodbye, then Network error:550

It also says in the left pane on the "Info" tab under "Resume" Yes:258.

How can I keep going and get the last of this file.

12-17-2008 01:05 PM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

Hello Lono,
The FTP error 550 means that the file is unavailable (e.g., file not found, no access). First you can see if your user info is correct opening download's "Item Settings" dialog, Advanced tab panel.

Next see if the error is "550 /folder/file.ext: No such file or directory". If so see if the download URL (at "Item Settings" dialog) includes a "~" sign (like ftp://server/~user/file.ext). Try to change it to a full path URL like ftp://server/Users/user/file.ext.

Also, try to set your FTP configuration to a PASSIVE mode of downloading. You can do that from the System Preferences->Network control panel. Show the appropriate Internet interface and choose the 'Proxies' tab. Now check the "Use passive FTP mode (PASV)" option.

At last, see if you can start that download in Firefox for example. The remote file may be already deleted.

Regards,
iGetter Support

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply