Downloaded files are only 16kb big
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

01-06-2009 02:55 PM

Posted by:
Kasia

Find more posts by Kasia

When I am downloading from RapidShare (i have a premium account) in iGetter the downloading process is very fast but the files are only 16kb big... I have no idea whats wrong. Ones the firest part of a movie was downloaded correctly but the second one was again only 16kb.

Does anyone have a problem like this?

Kasia

01-08-2009 06:29 AM

Posted by:
Missing_DLL

Find more posts by Missing_DLL

Maybe it is a very short file

01-08-2009 06:29 AM

Posted by:
Missing_DLL

Find more posts by Missing_DLL

Film i mean :-)

01-09-2009 12:11 PM

Posted by:
Kasia

Find more posts by Kasia

hmm

:) sure! Why haven't I check it out! Nobody can help me :((

01-09-2009 10:03 PM

Posted by:
Doobie

Find more posts by Doobie

I've found that most of the time, to prevent DLing 16kb files from rapidshare (instead of what you want) you can open the info on the link in iGetter, and simply click "Set" (no modifications required). Starting the DL should give you the proper file.

01-14-2009 06:01 PM

Posted by:
shaosean

Find more posts by shaosean

Do you have your RapidShare set up to do direct downloads?
Do you have "send cookies from browser" turned on in iGetter?

What does the 16KB file say? (should be HTML so just open in TextEdit or Safari)

01-19-2009 03:08 PM

Posted by:
wicknwild

Find more posts by wicknwild

Hi Kasia

Did you manage to resolve your issue as I am having the same problem?

Thanks

01-20-2009 12:20 PM

Posted by:
kasia

Find more posts by kasia

No, still not working :(

"Do you have your RapidShare set up to do direct downloads?
Do you have "send cookies from browser" turned on in iGetter?"

yes, I did all that..

Kasia

02-01-2009 01:09 PM

Posted by:
Sally Fields

Find more posts by Sally Fields

I am having EXACTLY the same issue.
Here is what I know so far:
- I am using v2.7.5
- I use Firefox plus the FlashGot plugin (all latest versions)
- Direct downloads checkbox in RapidShare is ON (I am a premium member)
- If I select one entire rar file link and ALT-CLICK it... the file downloads PERFECTLY via iGetter without a hitch
- If I select more than one rar file, and ALT-CLICK one of them, iGetter opens an additional window called ADD TO QUEUE and lists all the files I selected. Then I need to hit the OK button and then it sends the selected files to iGetter for processing... in this case 100% of the time each file is downloaded as 16k rar files rather than the actual rar contents of 100MB each!

Suggestions would be MUCH APPRECIATED!
;-)

thanks

PS. instead of ALT-CLICK, you can right-click your selection of multiple files and use Flashgot via iGetter or copy the links to the clipboard and paste them into iGetter... all with the same unsuccessful result.

I tried all sorts of ways to DL multiple files including importing a list into iGetter and even that failed with exactly the same results as before.

This looks like an iGetter bug for sure!

02-03-2009 11:47 AM

Posted by:
Bannor

Find more posts by Bannor

I have been investigating this for the last few days and have come to the conclusion that it is in fact several bugs in iGetter.

For the purpose of eliminating the possibility of it being a Firefox or FlashGot issue I tried to use iGetter with Safari.

My system:
OS X 10.5.6
Safari v3.1.2 (5525.20.1)
iGetter v2.7.5

Set the browser cookie:
- Launch Safari.
- Go to to a page with links to RapidShare.
- Highlight a single link, right click and select "Download Selection with iGetter..."
If you haven't previously logged into the Premium account, there is no cookie set so you will end up with a 12-16kb file which is in fact the html of the RapidShare page. This is expected behaviour -> Solution log in to your RapidShare Premium account so the cookie is set.

Check the cookie works:
- Go to to a page with links to RapidShare.
- Highlight a single link, right click and select "Download Selection with iGetter..."
-> Result: The file downloads successfully.

Check multiple file selection:
- Highlight two RapidShare links, right click and select "Download Selection with iGetter..."
-> Result: The files are not download.
BUG #1: The Safari cookie is not being used by iGetter.

Import URLs from a text file:
- Select the RapidShare links and copy them.
- Create a text document and paste the links into it.
- Do a search for the "http://rapidshare" string.
- Replace it with "http://USERNAME:PASSWORD@rapidshare", where USERNAME and PASSWORD are the details for your RapidShare Premium account.
- Save the text file and import it into iGetter (File -> Import URL List).
- Start the downloads.
-> Expected Behaviour: The files should be downloaded successfully.
BUG #2: iGetter is not using the authentication information from the URL. Files are not downloaded - you get a bunch of 12-16kb files which are just the RapidShare html code.

Getting it to work:
- Disable iGetter from automatically starting file downloads.
- Add your list of files to be downloaded. It doesn't matter what method you use "Download Selection ..." or file import.
- Right click on the first file in the list and select "Item Settings..."
- Select "Advanced" and check that the cookie details are visible. Safari should be the cookie source. The cookie value should appear in the box below it (e.g. "user=12345-%12%34%56%78"). The cookie is the username and hashed password for the RapidShare account.
- Click the "Set" button.
- Start the file download.
-> Result: The file will download successfully.

Obviously there is some code that is executed when the "Set" button is pressed. I suspect this is the same code as executed when a single file is added to iGetter for download.

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply