Window issue that drives me nuts
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

01-08-2009 08:31 AM

Posted by:
Ben

Find more posts by Ben

Ok, I love iGetter, but this is something that's been bugging me for a long time.

I have iGetter set to come up on a specific Space (desktop) under Spaces. Now, let's say I'm in Safari, and there's a group of links I want iGetter to download. I select the links, and select "Download All with iGetter".

Cool. iGetter runs, OSX switches to the Space that iGetter opens up on, and the "Add to queue" window is *always* underneath the main interface. I have to either try and move the main window out of the way before I can get to the add to queue window, or minimise it first - it's always requiring window juggling.

Can iGetter please always open the Add to queue window *above* the main interface, or in some way handle this better so as to not require a bunch of window juggling every time I want to download some files?

Thanks!

02-03-2009 02:51 PM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

Hello Ben,
This problem is really strange and seems to be related to the Spaces interface. We have to investigate this further, but you can avoid the "New download" window if you turn off the "Open save dialog on new download" option at iGetter preferences, General panel.

Regards,
iGetter Support

02-28-2009 09:44 AM

Posted by:
Ben

Find more posts by Ben

Ah thanks - I will give that a try!

02-28-2009 09:47 AM

Posted by:
Ben

Find more posts by Ben

> if you turn off the "Open save dialog on new download" option at
> iGetter preferences, General panel.

I just checked, and I already have this open unchecked.

Anyway, hopefully you can find a way to improve the current behaviour in a later version. Love the 'Getter :)

Thanks

02-28-2009 09:54 AM

Posted by:
Ben

Find more posts by Ben

Ooh - I tell what *does* work though - if "Stay in background when new download is added" is checked, the behaviour is as follows:-

- If iGetter isn't runing it is loaded, Spaces switches to its default space, iGetter is topped and the download added.

- If iGetter is running and it's a single file (eg Download with iGetter) then the file is silently added to the downloads list, and Spaces stays on the current space.

- If iGetter is running and it's a multiple file download (eg Download Selection with iGetter) then iGetter it opens the add multiple window, then Spaces switches to iGetter, and because iGetter isn't topped the add multiple window therefore always appears on top.

This is a great workaround for me and suits my needs just fine. Thanks for the pointers... :)

06-23-2009 12:32 AM

Posted by:
Ben

Find more posts by Ben

Any word on this? This workaround posted above doesn't seem to work any more, and I still get the add files dialog underneath the main window, requiring me to move the main window out of the way before I can see the add files dialog everytime.

It's the one thing about iGetter that really has become majorly annoying, and it seems like such a simple thing to fix...

it's nearly enough of a annoyance to make me start to consider to switch to something else, which is a real shame because otherwise I really like iGetter, and have used it for a long time now...

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply