Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

01-31-2009 05:24 AM

Posted by:
Jan

Find more posts by Jan

Hello,

I try to download a file with a total size of 6.7GB from megashares.com

At a point during the download (it´s never the same point, always different I think) the download stops with error 404:

"You must first login to megashares.com with your link card to access this server. Please visit the download page and make sure you login with your Link Card."

I have an account at megashares and also inserted my account-data in the advanced-tab for the file and the settings-dialogue as well. Can anybody help me? I´ve now downloaded 5.9GB of the file (for several times...) and don´t want to erase it once more... ;-)

Thanks for your help, Greetz,

Jan

02-03-2009 05:04 PM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

Jan,
It seems that you have to limit the number of segments for "http://.megashares.com/" site to 2 at iGetter preferences, Site Manager panel. This is what megashares say about your problem:

quote:

Why does my download stop and require me to reactivate my passport even when I have a large amount left available to download?

You are required to reactivate your passport when you use up your passport. That means even if your passport renews and has 250MB available, you can not use it until you reactivate it. In addition, as we analyze performance and monitor the health of our systems, we may need to set your passport to require reactivation.

Why does my download passport use more than what I am downloading? I downloaded 100MB but it looks like I downloaded 200MB.

We allow 1 download stream with a download manager and 1 download at a time (linkcards are unlimited). However, we do allow bursting up to 2 streams and when you use more than 1 stream, your passport is accelerated with each stream. If you get 3 streams, your passport would use up 3x the bytes. This makes it fair to users that only use 1 stream since they allow more users on the site, while multi-stream users take up more slots, but also get a faster download and with an accelerated passport, it simulates that of a single stream downloader.

Do you support download managers with your free service?

Yes. Megashares supports most all download managers. If you are using one that you believe is not working, please contact our support (please allow up to 3-5 business days for a response). Also note that free users are restricted to 2 simultaneous download streams and 1 download link, if you do not configure your download manager to use no more than 2 streams, your download passport may be temporarily or permanently terminated. The system will accelerate your passport when more than 2 streams are detected.

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply