Forums Home | FAQ | Search  
Forums > iGetter for Mac OS X
can't make igetter AUTOMATICALLY start to download anything.
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

02-12-2009 01:46 PM

Posted by:
new2 igetter

Find more posts by new2 igetter

whoops i posted on a very old thread at http://www.igetter.net/forums/showthread.php3?threadid=1097

I think i should have posted a NEW thread as follows:

I can't get it to start to download AUTOMATICALLY

i wanted to try it out but I cannot make igetter start to automatically download anything.

I have everything checked under the preference to "Automatically start downloading files of types*:"

all boxes are checked. each time i have to manually copy the link, click the + sign, and then paste the link into the popup 'new url' window

why is that? what am i doing wrong?
thanks

02-12-2009 05:41 PM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

If you've clicked on a download link and iGetter has not intercepted it then most probably you are trying to download links with file attachments. In this case you may just try Firefox with the FlashGot extension installed. It will give you an additional option to download the file with iGetter instead of Firefox. Also, you may try the "Download with iGetter" contextual menu command instead of "Copy link location" (you may paste an URL directly in iGetter through menu Edit->Paste (Cmd+V)).

Regards,
iGetter Support

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply