Schedular?
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

03-29-2009 12:41 AM

Posted by:
Shona

Find more posts by Shona

Hi, I am new to iGetter, and using it with Rapidshare which is working perfectly. Only thing is I have set the scheduler for 2am when my ISP has its off period but it doesn't "work".

I have the schedular on and have the "start auto" button ticked but they do not begin automatically at that time. I have tried setting the downloads to Pause and also suspend to see if it works those ways but definitely not starting to the scheduler.

I have also looked in the iGetter Help but not an answer.

Can anyone tell me what settings to use to make the scheduler work??

Thanks,

Shona

04-01-2009 01:55 PM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

iGetter schedule function requires the following:

1. If the machine is in sleeping state iGetter schedule function will not work. So you need to set the System Preferences->Energy Saver->"Put computer to sleep..." to "Never". (iGetter can sleep your machine if you substitute the "Turn off computer when done" function with "Sleep computer when done" in the iGetter preferences, Advanced panel).
2. iGetter must be already started.
3. Downloads (that you want to download) must not be in suspended state.
4. See if the schedule start time is before the stop time.

Regards,
iGetter Support

04-03-2009 06:04 AM

Posted by:
Shona

Find more posts by Shona

Thank you for the reply,

My machine is already set to never go to sleep, and the iGetter program is left open. I have the downloads set to Paused and the scheduler start time is 2:00am and stop time is 11:50am.

Still no automatic download...

Any other ideas?

10-13-2009 10:57 PM

Posted by:
Shona

Find more posts by Shona

Anyone?

10-14-2009 09:57 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

What happens when you push the "Start All" button (two green triangles toolbar button) or choose "Start Automatic Downloading" command from the "Downloads" menu?

If iGetter starts downloading your files properly, then pause all downloads and open the "Schedule Downloads" Tools menu dialog. Turn on the "Schedule download start" option and choose today's date for a start date and some time ahead (i.e. 2 min. later with current time - make sure your computer's clock is also set correctly). Then turn on "Schedule download stop" option and choose "Stop (hang up) after" 5 minutes. Confirm and look if "Schedule on" label will appear on the iGetter status bar. After 2 minutes the schedule function should turn on the "Start All" function and then after 5 minutes it should pause all downloads.

Regards,
iGetter Support

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply