Forums Home | FAQ | Search  
Forums > iGetter Classic
Will there be a sorting or searching of the filelist in future versions?
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

12-02-2001 04:32 AM

Posted by:
SE30

Find more posts by SE30

Hi igetter team,

first of all ... this is a very good piece of software.

I have some questons and some suggestions.

After using iGetter from the first version for now more then 20 days onlinetime an some 3 Gig of dl (56k Modem) I have collected a long list of files.
Will there be a possibility to sort or search the File Name List ?
Without this option one will have no chance to keep the overview over a great amount of alreday dled files.

When trying to dl a file which is still in the File Name List and has the same file name (no suffix-changing for the version number for example) igetter tries starting the dl naming this file "abcdr.sit 1" but stops dling after a short while and jumps to the former file (first dl) and...
stops dling !
When you don´t clean up File Name List and lsot the overview this is a situation where I - depending on the size of the file have to dl via IE 5 - I hate that.. IE 5 is not able to handle dl in a solid way as igetter does...
Will you find a fix for this problem?

cu m from germany

12-04-2001 04:31 PM

Posted by:
SE30

Find more posts by SE30

... anybody out there ???

hey igetter devolper team...

are these queations to difficult

will there be any response

are you in the mood to answer

don´t you understand my questions

????????????????????????????

please give a feedback !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

your product is suberb: the best downloading utility so far for the mac

cu m

p.s. i posted my questions and opinoins under the psuedonym "SE30" cause i still use this mac in my network ... macs are forever

12-05-2001 05:51 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

Hello,

1. Yes, we plan to do some rearrangements in grouping and sorting of the queue. For now you can use the 'search by typed letters' function in iGetter. You can just select the download queue table in the main window and type the first few letters of the searched file. iGetter will select the first file in the queue that begins with the typed letters.

We recommend you to clean up your queue from the oldest files. This will free more memory for iGetter to use it for downloading and accelerating, not for storing info.
iGetter has an automatic option for cleaning up the queue from the finished downloads. You can activate it from 'On quit clear queue of finished' checkbox in the General section of the Preferences.

2. This can happen when iGetter receives a redirection request from the remote server of a file download. When iGetter tries to redirect to the new URL, it finds the same URL already downloaded in the queue. That's why iGetter jumps to this URL and deletes the other URL.
To redownload the URL, you can use 'Restart download...' from the Edit menu.

Regards,
iGetter Support

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply