Forums Home | FAQ | Search  
Forums > iGetter for Mac OS X
Can iGetter default to schedule your downloads?
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

09-22-2009 08:57 PM

Posted by:
Dcup

Find more posts by Dcup

I want a d/l manager that allows me to happily click away in my browser (firefox), downloading everything i see, just as i would normally, but hidden out of view it is catching everything and automatically pausing it, untill it becomes off-peak times. Can iGetter do this????

Please help this simple man!

D

09-23-2009 09:56 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

You can do what you asked for with iGetter by following these steps:

1. (Optional) Install the FlashGot extension for Firefox (https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/220). It will add an option to download the file with iGetter on the Firefox "Save As" dialog as well as several useful contextual menu commands to Firefox.

2. Open iGetter preferences, General panel and turn off "Start downloading immediately" option.

3. Set the schedule start/stop times using the iGetter "Schedule downloads" function at menu Tools.

iGetter schedule function requires the following:

1. If the machine is in sleeping state iGetter schedule function will not work. So you need to set the System Preferences->Energy Saver->"Put computer to sleep..." to "Never". (iGetter can sleep your machine if you substitute the "Turn off computer when done" function with "Sleep computer when done" in the iGetter preferences, Advanced panel).
2. iGetter must be started at the schedule start time.

Regards,
iGetter Support

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply