Resume Download
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

12-02-2001 01:20 PM

Posted by:
Magyar

Find more posts by Magyar

Newbie here. How's it that a resumption of download will take me to the beginning of the file and not to where the download was terminated? Keeping losing the last few bytes of a some files and wham back to the starting block again,
please help.

12-03-2001 12:12 PM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

Hello Magyar,
The problem you've reported is related to the ability of download servers to resume or not the downloads hosted on them. iGetter has a table column named Resume. There you can see if the server supports resuming and if "yes" you can freely pause and resume this download. But if here is written "No", every disconnection from this server will cause starting of this download from the beginning.
In the future versions we will include an alert box that will warm you about stopping of an unresumable download.

Regards,
iGetter Support

12-04-2001 04:09 PM

Posted by:
the_man_in_the_moon

Find more posts by the_man_in_the_moon

NO NO NO!! not an alert box!!!

guys, please!

ANYTHING BUT THIS.

see earlier suggenstion .."make file name red (the colour "red") or something".

What's going to happen when you implement the "download all files from this page" feature.. We're all going to be smashing our monitors off the wall with the sheer frustration of having to answer 250 dialog boxes.

PLEASE, I could think of a dozen better ways. If your stuck for one, ask me. Hell, I'll even write the code!

;o]>

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply