Forums Home | FAQ | Search  
Forums > iGetter for Windows
How%do%i%stop%my%files%to%save%like%this?
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

01-05-2010 08:04 AM

Posted by:
TengX2

Find more posts by TengX2

Several questions. Just recently installed.

I'm doing a lot of mass downloading(music) through oron.com and my files keep downloading and filling the spaces between the filenames like the example above with the % sign.

Like rapidshare, is there a way to list up mass queue up my files? but using oron.?

Is igetter integrated with Chrome, if so, how can i get it to work..?

01-05-2010 12:22 PM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

If percent chars appear in the name part of the URL, then they will appear in the name of the physical file as well. iGetter just extracts the name from the URL. However, it will remove all unacceptable by Windows chars as: \/:*?"<>| . So, if you want to remove other unwanted chars you may use a batch file renamer as http://multifilerename.sf.net.

I was able to download a 200 MB file from oron.com choosing the free download option. File name doesn't include any % chars so I was not able to reproduce exactly your case. As of listing a mass queue from oron.com, most probably you will need a premium account in order to download all files without waiting.

iGetter v2.6 integrates with Chrome through a browser plugin. You may check if iGetter plugins are loaded in Chrome if you type "about:plugins" in the Chrome's address bar. If they are not listed there see this thread for more info: http://www.igetter.net/forums/showthread.php3?threadid=1195

Regards,
iGetter Support

12-28-2010 03:42 AM

Posted by:
Joe

Find more posts by Joe

Same Problem

I downloaded a lot from Oron and the Files on the Oron Server are ALL without the % sign. It is defenetily iGetter which puts it in, in my oppinion. I wanna get rid of this, too. Please solve this Problem...

BTW, How can i stop iGetter from automatically open downloaded rar files? It´s not funny,to download several files like part1.rar, part2.rar, part3.rar, part4.rar, part5.rar and every single part pops up after downloading.

12-28-2010 03:54 AM

Posted by:
Joe

Find more posts by Joe

Just found the answer in the forum. But the % issue still needs to be solved. :-)
BTW, thanks for this great tool. Keep up the good work.

09-28-2012 02:26 AM

Posted by:
magic

Find more posts by magic

If filename contains space character iGetter replace it with %20.

10-01-2012 09:58 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

Let for example try this link with spaces.
1. Copy and paste in iGetter the following address:
http://www.igetter.net/downloads/file with spaces.zip

2. Now let's try the same download, this time as a link. Use the "Copy link address" command of your browser and paste it in Notepad first:
http://www.igetter.net/downloads/file with spaces.zip

May be you will notice that it's your browser (point 2) that replaces all spaces with %20. If you select the link as a text and use the "Copy" command (not "Copy link address") it will not include %20.

Thanks,
iGetter Support

10-12-2012 04:45 PM

Posted by:
Magic

Find more posts by Magic

You are right. But I always click URL to download file. You can correct this issue with decoding URL before setting Name in iGetter New Download dialog box [static String* UrlDecode(String*);].

Thanks

04-05-2013 03:24 PM

Posted by:
Magic

Find more posts by Magic

Problem solved

Thank you very much. This problem solved in version 2.6.8.

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply