Intergrate with Internet Browser... not really
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

01-10-2010 03:50 AM

Posted by:
John

Find more posts by John

Hi I am new to this program. I setup igetter to integrate with my default internet browser, Firefox. I started downloading movies and music, and I would get the "downloaded to igetter" page and then would be able to click "back". But after a few downloads, when i click on the link to download, i get redirected to a live stream and no longer to igetter. I tried installing the add-on related to igetter on firefox, but it still happens. The only time it works is when i change a few of the preferences, but then the same problem repeats: it works for a few downloads then stops directing to igetter. Please help anyone!

01-11-2010 05:20 PM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

If you've installed the FlashGot extension (https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/downloads/latest/220/addon-220-latest.xpi), then turn off the iGetter "Integrate with Internet browsers" Tools menu function. Now all downloads that appear on the Firefox "Save As" dialog could be send to iGetter instead. If no download window appears then you are trying to download media files that some of the installed plug-ins already handle (i.e. QuickTime, Windows Media Player, Adobe Flash, etc. ). Firefox will load a plug-in by its choice, but which plugin will be chosen is undefined if more than one support the same media type. You may disable some of the media plugins in Firefox to get the desired result.

Regards,
iGetter Support

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply