ghost of igetter
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

01-12-2010 01:38 AM

Posted by:
craigt

Find more posts by craigt

Tonight i picked up my imac from the Apple Store. My hard drive was corrupted, so they replaced it with a new one and transferred all my files over. However, none of my applications made it... including iGetter.

Which is fine. I'm happy to download or reinstall the applications I need. I'm using Safari to try and download firefox and some other programs. HERE'S THE PROBLEM: when i click on a download link it takes me to a page that says:

"Download transferred to iGetter...

Click 'Back' button to keep browsing"

except iGetter is uninstalled so it's not actually transferring the download anywhere. I can't go into iGetter to apply the uninstall feature cause it's not installed. I've tried going into my Library to delete iGetter from my plug-ins, but there's no plug-in to remove.

Help?

01-12-2010 06:09 PM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

These are the files that you need to delete in order to remove manually the iGetter integration with browsers:

/Users/<your user>/Library/Internet Plug-Ins/iGetter Plugin
/Users/<your user>/Library/InputManagers/iGetterIMBundle
/Users/<your user>/Library/Contextual Menu Items/iGetterCMPlugIn

You may need to restart your machine and then empty the trash. Finally, run Safari and open the "Installed Plug-ins" page from menu Help. In Firefox type "about:plugins" in the address bar. The iGetter plugin should not be listed there.

Regards,
iGetter Support

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply