< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

01-18-2010 07:37 PM

Posted by:
Kit

Find more posts by Kit

Hi all,
I've been using iGetter for mac for almost a year now and my mac has now gone to get itself repaired.
I've now installed iGetter onto my Windows 7 computer but it seems I can't use it as I did before.
On the mac, I could right click megaupload links and add it to the iGetter queue. The file would automatically download. However on Windows, I add the megaupload link to my queue and the file it downloads is index.html.
I've tested just clicking the file link and it redirects me to the download using firefox and safari.
Anyone know what could be wrong? Really want to get it to just find the direct download link when I put in the megaupload file link such as www.megaupload.com/d?=ABCDE12

Thanks!

01-21-2010 02:02 PM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

The first thing that you may do is to open the downloaded index.html file in your browser and see what error Megaupload has returned. It may be a missing file, exceeded bandwidth, etc.

We don't have a premium megaupload account, but if you want to download direct links you will need a paid account. Then add the "http://.megaupload.com/" site (notice the dot before megaupload.com) in the iGetter options, Site Manager panel, with your user info. If you use the free megaupload option just limit the number of connections to 1 for that site. In this case you have to wait for the direct link.

In addition, in Firefox you may install the FlashGot add-on and then use the "FlashGot Link" contextual menu command or choose the FlashGot option when the Firefox save as dialog appears. These two functions send a session cookie that megaupload may require to authenticate you. It would be fine if you login to your megaupload account first.

Finally, try to set Firefox as your default browser in Windows and login to your megaupload account before you add any downloads to iGetter.

01-21-2010 09:45 PM

Posted by:
Kit

Find more posts by Kit

Thank you so much iGetter support! You guys are awesome with your support. Best $25 I've ever spent :D!

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply