"Overdrive Media Console" Question
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

01-31-2010 07:17 PM

Posted by:
TW

Find more posts by TW

Hi, I'm trying to download digital content from our public library in Ontario. They have partnered with Overdrive Media which handles the downloading of the library material. I'm on a satellite system, have to keep my usage down and want to use iGetter to schedule the download during the free period. Anybody know how to do this? I can't get the link into iGetter. It's like the Apple Software Updates, but at least with that I can go to the Apple website and get everything I want.

Thanks for the help.

02-01-2010 12:18 PM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

We don't have a library account at OWWL, but it seems that Overdrive Media Console first downloads a small ODM file and then you can download the real files. In this scenario iGetter should be able to download eBooks (ePub and Mobipocket) as well as media files only if the library site provides direct download links in your browser. In other words if the files appear in your Overdrive Media Console the chance is almost 0 to get any URL from there and add it to iGetter.

Regards,
iGetter Support

02-03-2010 10:08 AM

Posted by:
TW

Find more posts by TW

Thanks for the reply. I contacted Overdrive about this, they replied (quickly and friendly) that they've added this feature to their wishlist for possible future development.

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply