broken downloads
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

02-12-2010 09:41 AM

Posted by:
Mark Ryan

Find more posts by Mark Ryan

My Mac has just returned from being repaired. The hard drive was corrupt. I have just reinstalled iGetter and now everytime i try to download from a mirror i get "Network error: The local file download is missing, or used by another thread, or cannot be created. Please try to select a new location for the file with 'item settings..' menu command"

What do i need to do?

02-12-2010 05:40 PM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

Hello Mark,
This error may occur if you've tried to resume downloads that doesn't exists on your HD as physical files or they still exists, but Mac OS X has changed their file descriptors. In the first case you can only use the "Restart Download" function from the Downloads menu. In the second case you can delete the queue item in iGetter and use the "Recover lost download" Tools menu function. Then iGetter should be able to resume that download.

If the error appears on newly added downloads then you can change the download folder of all problem downloads using the "Items Settings" dialog (note that downloads must be paused first).

Also, you can try the following one by one:
1. Change the Safari "Save downloaded files to" path to a valid folder at Safari preferences, General panel.
2. Change the default download folder at iGetter preferences, General panel.
3. If the above doesn't work remove the following files/folders:
<Home>/Library/Preferences/com.presenta.iGetter.plist
<Home>/Library/Preferences/iGetter

4. Finally remove the following files:
<Home>/Library/Application Support/iGetter/Downloads.plist
<Home>/Library/Application Support/iGetter/History.plist

Regards,
iGetter Support

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply