Download folder
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

12-05-2001 05:26 PM

Posted by:
Courtney

Find more posts by Courtney

I would really like to be able to create folders "on the fly" in which to have my downloads stored (as on can with Netscape; but not with Internet Exploder).
That way I can keep them together with other documents relating thereto(such as the web page from whence they came).
This is a nice feature of 'GetRight' for PCs. Can it be added to as an option with 'iGetter'?
Please.
Pretty please.
ps. 'iGetter' is a truly great download manager for Mac users (IMHO). Something which PC users have had for yonks (with 'GetRight').

12-07-2001 10:43 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

Hello Courtney,
iGetter has an option 'Open save dialog when new download dropped' in General preferences of iGetter. In the new version we rename this option to 'Open save dialog on new download'. If this option is checked, iGetter, will ask you where you want to save each download, if not checked it will download files to the default folder.
There is an option in the Open/Save dialog that you can choose the folder for downloading. Here the folder filters can help a lot.
You can learn more about choosing a folder filter for downloading at the end of the 'Getting started' section of iGetter help.

Regards,
iGetter Support

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply