Quitting iGetter
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

04-16-2010 03:01 PM

Posted by:
Randy

Find more posts by Randy

I have iGetter scheduled to stop downloading half and hour before I have my computer scheduled to shutdown. But it doesn't shut down because iGetter "failed to quit" or whatever that logout problem is. Does anyone else have this problem or know how to fix it?

Thanks,
Randy

04-21-2010 05:17 PM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

Hello Randy,
If the problem persists, please open your system Activity Monitor app (it's in you Utilities folder), then select iGetter and click on the Inspect button. On the opened dialog click on the "Sample" button. Then save the resulting report by the "Save as..." button and send the report to igettersupport(at)presenta.net

In the meantime, you can try to increase the "Auto save queue every # min." value at iGetter preferences, General panel. This seems to be the only option that may cause some work in iGetter while it's idle.

As a last resort, you may try a third party utility to shutdown your machine as "Super Shut Down" (http://softwares.bajram.com/utilities/).

Thanks,
iGetter Support

04-22-2010 08:57 PM

Posted by:
Randy

Find more posts by Randy

Trying the auto-save queue

making go from 10 mins to 45 mins. Do you think that's enough? Will send you an email with the sample from the Activity Monitor.

Thanks

04-23-2010 09:39 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Hello Randy,
Thank you for the sample files. We added them to the iGetter bug list for further investigation.

Yes, 45 min. are fine for the auto save queue function.

We plan to add an option to quit iGetter on completion which will solve this problem as well. Currently, iGetter can turn off or sleep your machine if you use any of the shut down when done functions. There is an option at iGetter preferences, Advanced panel which allows you to specify what really the shut down function will do: "Shut down" or "Sleep".

Thanks,
iGetter Support

04-23-2010 02:12 PM

Posted by:
Randy

Find more posts by Randy

The shutdown function is only for when it has completed downloading the queue, right? For the most part, the queue is still active but I need it to stop downloading and shutdown before anyone gets into the office. Besides the Auto save tip, do you know of anything else I can do?

Thanks,
Randy

04-26-2010 02:17 PM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

The "Turn off computer when done" option, available on the iGetter schedule dialog, should shutdown your machine if the schedule stop time occurs (even if there are still downloads in progress). The problem in your case is that iGetter won't quit for some reason on receiving a shutdown signal. The workaround is to use a third party utility as "Super Shut Down" to force shutdown your machine.

Regards,
iGetter Support

04-27-2010 06:48 PM

Posted by:
Randy

Find more posts by Randy

Oh, I didn't know that it was supposed to do that. I'll try next time to see if it will work. So, I increased the Autosave time and it still doesn't work. I can replicate the problem by having iGetter open (but not downloading) and then going to Apple -> Shutdown. Apple can't seem to quit iGetter. Do you think it's a problem with the OS? I'm running 10.5.8.

Thanks

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply