limit download speed?
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

05-22-2010 08:26 PM

Posted by:
Jeff

Find more posts by Jeff

I have run into an issue with using too much bandwidth, is there a way to limit the download speeds so that I dont raise any red flags with the IT dept? I understand the idea is to download stuff faster but I need a DL manager that will do both, our net is shared by many and it is monitored for use and if they see too much individual downloading they will cut us off. As it was explained to me as long as I dont steal all the bandwidth I can stay connected.

05-24-2010 09:05 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

Hello Jeff,
iGetter has a built in speed limit function. To use it open the iGetter options from the Tools menu and select the Acceleration panel. Now, choose a proper connection type (i.e. 10M Ethernet) and turn on the "At startup turn on speed limit" option. The last option will turn on the speed limit function at each iGetter startup. To switch that function manually use the "Obey speed limit" (Ctrl+L) command at Tools menu. Finally, you can adjust the speed limit for iGetter using the slider that will appear when you push the small red triangle button (look at average speed field on the status bar).

Regards,
iGetter Support

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply