iGetter stops the download every 10 minutes
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

06-02-2010 07:14 AM

Posted by:
Julian

Find more posts by Julian

I have a problem with iGetter. When I download movies from megaupload (which I can by the way highly recommend) I have the problem that iGetter stops the download at exactly 50% and fails to reconnect for about 20 min. Afterwards it goes on but again after another 100 MB the same happens (sometimes after 50MB, sometimes after 200MB). Did anyone have the same problem and maybe find a solution?
Many thanks from Switzerland,
Julian

06-02-2010 10:56 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

Hello Julian,
This is how the megaupload FAQ page http://www.megaupload.com/?c=faq explains your problem:

quote:
I cannot download any files at all! What is wrong?

If you do not have a Megaupload Premium account, certain restrictions may prevent you from downloading: We do not allow more than one concurrent download per IP address and also limit the amount of data you can download from our servers within a certain timespan. If you share your IP address with other Megaupload users (e.g. because your ISP uses proxies or NAT), you may be sharing these limitations with them.

You may try to avoid that problem by increasing the "Minimal segment size" value to 9999 KB at iGetter preferences, Acceleration Panel. Also, you can add in the iGetter preferences, Site Manager panel an "http://.megaupload.com/" entry (notice the dot before megaupload.com) with a limit of connections set to 1.

At last, you can see the reason for a waiting/broken state of any download if you open the transfer details panel, then choose the "Segments" tab. Now start some download and select the first segment. Immediately after the iGetter request you will see the reason (error) for the waiting/broken state.

Regards,
iGetter Support

06-07-2010 12:33 PM

Posted by:
Julian

Thanks for the fast reply! I will try that now and give you and update whether it works or not! I know already that if I go to site explorer and look at the details why its not working, it states: download limit exceeded...
Many Thanks in advance,
Julian

06-07-2010 01:35 PM

Posted by:
Julian

Great, it worked! For the ones who have the same problem: I did everything exactly as it was stated above and I also used my username and my password for megaupload (I only have the free membership but it still does give you better conditions)
Thanks a lot to the iGetter Team for the fast support!
Best Regards,
Julian

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply