Scheduler not working properly
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

06-19-2010 03:55 PM

Posted by:
Rita Montague

Find more posts by Rita Montague

I downloaded a YouTube video via KeepVid and scheduled it to download a few minutes later. It worked beautifully.

I then scheduled another video in the same way. Instead of downloading at the appointed time, it downloaded immediately. Not good for my limited bandwidth times.

"Schedule download immediately" is unchecked.

Any ideas?

Thank you.

Rita

06-21-2010 12:37 PM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

Rita,
iGetter will start downloading immediately a newly added download if one of the following is true:
1. The "Start Auto" function is on. This may happen if you have selected that function manually (two green triangles Toolbar button) of if a previous schedule function has started it (you need to schedule a stop event as well).
2. If "Open save dialog on new download" at iGetter preferences, General panel, is on (or if you have added a download by the "New download" function) and then you've selected "Download now" option.
3. If "Open save dialog on new download" is off, but the "Start downloading immediately" option is on.

Regards,
iGetter Support

06-21-2010 01:42 PM

Posted by:
Rita Montague

Wow, none of those is true here. Maybe it was just a fluke. I'll try again when I get a chance. Thanks.

Rita

07-05-2010 10:57 PM

Posted by:
Rita Montague

Scheduling problem

The status of my downloads are on "pause" for some reason. How do I take them off of Pause and not download immediately? This is getting very frustrating. Thanks.

07-06-2010 04:07 PM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

Rita,
Your downloads will go in paused state if you have scheduled a stop event or if you've used the "Pause all" function. The paused state is normal if you want to start those downloads on a scheduled start event.

Regards,
iGetter Support

07-07-2010 02:49 AM

Posted by:
Rita

Find more posts by Rita

Thank you. I am not home now, but Saturday I will try this. I scheduled something before while it was on pause and it never downloaded. I assumed it was because it was on pause. Hopefully, next time will be different. :}

Rita

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply