igetter, chrome and megaupload
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

08-07-2010 08:40 AM

Posted by:
Tiziano Solignani

Find more posts by Tiziano Solignani

I am using iGetter on my Mac with Chrome browser and megaupload with no joy.

I am a premium megaupload user and I enabled direct download, i.e. if I clic on a link with a browser not configured to work with iGetter the download starts immediately.

Though, when I add some downloads to the queue (I usually use copy and paste method), only index#.html files are downloaded...

I tried to define megaupload credentials into site management and those credentials are retrieved when adding a download, but no use.

I guess it may be a cookie problem? When inspecting a download data, and trying to change the cookie, I can find many browser but not chrome. And, as a matter of fact, when I was using Firefox iGetter worked ok with megaupload.

Still, I would like to stick with Chrome, for I find it much better than any other browser.

Any hint?

Thank you

PS is there a plugin to use megaupload with iGetter?

08-09-2010 02:14 PM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

Hello Tiziano,
Adding support for cookies (saved in the browser's repository) of Google Chrome is already in the iGetter To Do list. Session cookies, which we support in Safari and Firefox, are also in that list (but only if Chrome allows this). The side effect is that downloading from rapidshare and megaupload may start working with Chrome for Mac.

All in all, the workaround to download megaupload links with iGetter v2.8 and Google Chrome is to try to change the "Cookie" option for each download using the "New URL/Item Settings" dialog. You may set it to "Safari" for example. You may also turn on the "Open save dialog on new download" option available at iGetter preferences, General panel. This way you can always change the New URL's "Cookie" option at each new download.

Make sure that you've entered the "http://.megaupload.com/" entry (notice the dot before megaupload.com) at iGetter preferences, Site Manager panel.

Notice that megaupload FAQ page (http://www.megaupload.com/?c=faq) explains similar problem with some links:

quote:
I received a Megaupload link and clicked on it, but I don't see a download link. Help!

If you don't have a premium account and the link you received is not a premium link, you first have to enter a three-letter code to identify yourself as a human being (we had to introduce this feature to combat robots that would otherwise use up too much of our bandwidth). If you cannot see the code, enable the loading of graphics and disable any ad blockers in your browser.

After you entered the code successfully, you will see a timer counting down to 0 (45 seconds for unregistered users, 25 seconds for registered free users). If you have Javascript disabled, you will instead see a message asking you to enable it.

If the file you are trying to download is larger than 1024 MB, you can only download it with a premium account. In this case, you will see a "Download with Premium!" message.

Regards,
iGetter Support

08-30-2010 10:01 AM

Posted by:
Fotis

Find more posts by Fotis

What about the Opera? What is the hint for that internet browser and megaupload?

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply