using iGetter with fileserve
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

08-10-2010 11:43 PM

Posted by:
Jollybox

Find more posts by Jollybox

I have iGetter 2.8 running OSX 10.6.4 working very well with rapidshare.

How do I download files from www.fileserve.com? I attempted to 'add' in my user name and details in 'preferences-site manager' but it does not want to talk to fileserve. Does the site manager support multiple sites? What could I be doing wrong. Thanks in advance.

08-12-2010 11:14 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

FileServe site is not very clear about how a premium account user may use download managers. Rapidshare has a premium account option named "Direct downloads", that you need to allow in order to use iGetter.

If they require a cookie (with your login info), make sure that you have checked "Remember Me" option when you login to fileserve.com site in your default browser (Safari for example).

If they require a session cookie (that expires for each link), you can try to download a fileserve.com link by clicking on it and then wait for iGetter to intercept it or use the contextual menu command "Open Link in New Tab" which should add the real download in iGetter. Aslo, you may try the contextual menu command "Download with iGetter". It all depends if FileServe links can be used directly or you need to open them in your browser where they will decide if the file will start immediately or you must wait a timer.

Also, make sure that you have added "http://.fileserve.com" (notice the dot before fileserve.com) entry at iGetter preferences, Site Manager panel.

Regards,
iGetter Support

09-23-2010 10:21 AM

Posted by:
diedonner

Find more posts by diedonner

igetter and fileserve

Hi,
I also have a problem with Fileserve downloads when using iGetter. When I click on a fileserve link, iGetter opens up to intercept the download. The download starts and proceeds until I have 98% or 99% of the file, then it hangs up. iGetter status report changes to "waiting" and in a few seconds the message "broken" appears. I'm also using Safari 4.0.

This happens with every Fileserve link I have tried to download. I have a premium membership with Fileserve and I'm using Mac OS X 10.5.(x?) not snow leopard.

How can I make the two play nicely together?=)

Short of that, how can I "disable" iGetter temporarily and redirect the download to run through Safari?

thanks!

09-24-2010 02:53 PM

Posted by:
relaxxx

Find more posts by relaxxx

same as diedonner...

09-25-2010 07:33 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

@diedonner

From the iGetter behavior you are describing, seems like FileServe URLs are temporary, and expire after awhile.

You could try to reduce the "Number of segments" to 1 in URL's "Item Settings", before starting the download. Also, such URLs should be downloaded at once (without any pausing), since they could expire and prevent successful resuming of the download.

I'd say that if FileServe URLs are temporary for the premium members, then they are not capable for download accelerators. Hope this is not the case, though.
Please, contact their support for instructions how to download with a download manager/accelerator.

You could turn off the integration with Internet browsers from the menu "Tools" -> "Integrate with Internet Browsers".

Thanks,
iGetter Support

12-02-2010 04:46 AM

Posted by:
seany_k

Find more posts by seany_k

here's what I figured out for myself.

1. highlight urls in the post.
2. control click highlighted area.
3. choose "open url" from floating menu
4 quite downloads that automatically begin through safari download window.
5. control click first interrupted download in the safari download window, choose "copy url", head over to igetter window, command (v) to paste url.
6. repeat step 5 for each download in the safari download window.

this will get you the proper url to download from fileserve. you should be able to do multiple, accelerated downloads in igetter now.

12-02-2010 04:52 AM

Posted by:
seany_k

Find more posts by seany_k

it's "copy address" in the safari download window; not "copy url"

02-08-2011 11:10 AM

Posted by:
saraos

Find more posts by saraos

Not working

FileServe has a Direct Download option too. It was working until 2 weeks ago. But now I have to open a new tab in Safari, stop downloading and copy address to iGetter.

"Your browser doesn't seem to accept cookies."

Any clue?

Thanks

SA

02-09-2011 02:28 PM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

saraos,
We don't have a Fileserve premium account, but Fileserve FAQ page states that you need to enable third-party cookies and JavaScript. In Safari you can enable these options at Safari preferences, Security panel -> "Accept cookies: Always" and "Enable JavaScript".

There is also an interesting statement:

quote:
If you are still seeing problems, maybe you have cookies blocked on your proxy. Disable this and it should have solved most of the problems.

An universal solution for all tough sites is to use Firefox with the FlashGot add-on installed (https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/220/). Then you need to click on a download and when the Firefox save dialog appears choose iGetter to download the file with iGetter. You may try also the FlashGot contextual menu commands.

Regards,
iGetter Support

02-10-2011 07:46 AM

Posted by:
buzz lightyear

Find more posts by buzz lightyear

fileserve igetter download problem

hi

please can someone help.

iv just downloaded igetter onto my mac. i have set up the site manager as fileserve and input my username and password.

when i visit highlight the rar files, right click and selected download selection with igetter.

then the igetter window opens and i click continue and the files download almost instantaneously and are a fraction of the size they should be.

does anyone know why this is happening?

thanks, andrew

02-11-2011 05:19 AM

Posted by:
Andrew

Find more posts by Andrew

hi,

i am new to igetter having recently just bought a macbook. i previously downloaded filesereve files using flashget on my pc.

now i have installed igetter and tried to download files from fileserve. when i doso, the files appear in the igetter download section but download instantaneously and the files are extremely small. so they havent actually downloaded atall.

please can you help me set up igetter so i can download fileserve files.

many thanks,andrew

02-14-2011 02:55 PM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Andrew,
First, you need to see what Fileserve returned as error in some of the downloaded with iGetter small files. Just locate some small file downloaded with iGetter in Finder, add an ".html" extension to it and open it in your browser. A web page with some error should appear (login error, missing file, exceeded bandwidth, etc.)

As we noted we don't have a Fileserve premium account, but you may try the following:
1. Set your default browser to Firefox at Safari preferences, General panel.
2. Start Firefox and install FlashGot add-on (https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/220/).
3. Login to Fileserve and check the "Remember me" option when you enter your user info.
4. Turn on the Direct Download option in your Fileserve premium account.
5. Use the FlashGot contextual menu functions in Firefox to download some link(s).

Regards,
iGetter Support

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply