< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

09-04-2010 08:41 PM

Posted by:
Max

Find more posts by Max

Hi all,

I am an unhappy Jdownloader user from 2 years.
I dont like it mostly because of its "windows-like" interface (mac user here) design, complex editing, and kinda buggy, anyway, i also recognize that Jdownloader is a very complete product, considering the fact that its a freeware java...

I download a lot via http, rarely through other ways, i just prefer it.

So, lately i started to look around for alternatives, i readed articles about it, comparisons, etc. etc.

Tried some app, they all look better and mac-like than Jdownloader, but they all totally lacked in what is a really important function :

easily communicate with any of the dozens of hosting file servers out there !!

As i said before, being an HTTP downloader (and there are many others i guess) means also have a premium account with some of those hosting file servers (i personally own 4 accounts) for avoid download limits, and obviously each of them has user and password.

After several failed downloads, as usual, i have readed all the support forums regardings those applications, and i found out that there were many others with my same problem, which was that the application was just able to download a little file in the order of 30 - 40 kb, and thats it.

I found those complains as well here on iGetter forums:
http://www.igetter.net/forums/showthread.php3?threadid=1246
http://www.igetter.net/forums/showthread.php3?threadid=1266

Answers are always about "login in the hosting webpage so the app can read the cookie, or click in the direct link option, or its a cookies problem " etc. etc.

Tried all, failed all.

But then i opened Jdownloader, i dont like it i said, but:

- it has a list of letterally hundreds of hosting file servers which allows you to just scroll it until you find the one where you own the premium account and just type user and pass, it will remember it forever.

- every url you copy it will download 95% of times without problems

- it is not necessary log in the main website where you own the premium...

- and a lot of other nice features actually (some of them not really useful)...

Not trying to promote it, really, actually my message is :
"Guys, i would like to upgrade to a better and mac-lie app, but i cant until you won't create a REAL download manager ! "

All i can see is that you all built a download manager without considering WHO really uses those kind of apps.

I hope you guys wont get pissed off, mine was just a personal analysis.

In the meantime i'll just wait and see whats happens while using Jdownloader :(

Best regards,

Max

03-29-2012 08:23 AM

Posted by:
rd_01

Find more posts by rd_01

Look: The best companion for iGetter on Mac is FlashGot for Firefox. With FileFactory Premium I have no problems using FlashGot, so iGetter uses the premium cookie. ;)

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply