igetter not starting downloads
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

09-06-2010 02:21 PM

Posted by:
hellayes

Find more posts by hellayes

hi, i am a brand new user of igetter. when i load the url into igetter, the info says "paused" and when i select start, the info screen goes gray...it does not appear to download... and the little gray squares progress to the end of their line. the folder that i selected for download has the file in it but it is only 8k, probably just the size of the icon itself. i tried downloading google chrome using igetter and it worked fine. the file i cant get it to work with is from oron.com, which seems to specifically support igetter as they have a video posted showing how to use it. however when i follow their instructions i just get this paused file and then nothing when i start the download.

help please!

09-10-2010 02:05 PM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

Hello,

Seems the video they've posted is only for premium users.

If you are non premium user, you should open the given URL in a web browser, then wait till the waiting period ends (60sec), then type the words appeared in the "captcha" box, and finally click the button "Create Download Link". It should open a new page with a link "Download File". This is the link you should add for downloading in iGetter.

As is stated in their FAQ, non premium users cannot resume downloads, nor use more than one download segment (connection).
So before trying to download anything from them, you should setup the iGetter Site Manager to limit the number of simultaneous connections to ".oron.com", to 1. (This is working properly with such sites only in iGetter v2.8 or later).

Open the "Preferences" window, then choose the "Site Manager" group. After that click the "New" button, and in the newly appeared window input the following:
- in the "Server/Path" field type ".oron.com", without the quotes, and don't forget the dot before oron;
- for the "Max simultaneous connections for this site" choose 1 from the popup menu.
Now click the "OK" button. The newly added site should appear in the "Site Manager" list box.
This info is valid also for other similar services as "rapidshare.com", "megaupload.com", "hotfile.com", etc.

Now iGetter should download properly from this site, for non premium users.

Of course if you are premium user, the above is not needed. You just have to open the given URL in a web browser, then click the button "Create Download Link", and then add to iGetter the "Download file" link that appears at the next page.

Thanks,
iGetter Support

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply