igetter right program?
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

09-23-2010 02:17 PM

Posted by:
lpopelka

Find more posts by lpopelka

My husband is deployed overseas and uses a satellite to communicate with home. The connection is spotty, broken, and often presents delays when using video chat sites like Skype or Google chat or drops the connection altogether. Some of the other soldiers use a program called Accelernet to speed up the download and optimize the connection... only problem is it's only made for PCs and my husband owns a Mac. I'm wondering if igetter assists with this issue or is it more designed simply for file downloads?

Please help with any insight you can provide. We are facing another year of this and my son depends on the video feed to really communicate with his dad.

Thanks so much

09-25-2010 04:58 PM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

Hello,

iGetter is a download manager/accelerator for file downloads, and you need a lower level communications accelerator, as I understand from Accelenet site.

If your husband's Mac is Intel based, why not try to install Windows in VMWare Fusion or Parallels. Just search in Google for more info on these products.

Hope this helps,
iGetter Support

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply