batch downloading
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

09-23-2010 03:50 PM

Posted by:
Will

Find more posts by Will

Hi All! I am having a problem with getting iGetter to do batch downloads. Here is an example, using theoretic website. Let's say there are files with the same name, i.e. 01.txt, on several subfolders on a website. For instance, www.site/1/1/01.txt, through www.site/1/25/01.txt. I input www.site/1/[#]/01.txt in the "URL" line in iGetter, then put 1 in the "From" line, and 25 in the "To". It lists them in the download queue, but when I start auto download, it only downloads the first one, then lists all the others as broken. I can do this with Getright, but there isn't a Mac version of that program. Getright renames the files sequentially, like 01-001.txt, the next is 01-002.txt, and so on. Is there something I'm doing wrong, or some way to make this work?
Thanks!

09-25-2010 08:11 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

Try to add few downloads manually, and see if they are downloading correctly. Then in the "batch download" function, try to replicate the same URLs (look at the result fields). Don't forget also the "Digits" field, which adds "0" in front of any [#] to complement the number of digits.

Just experiment with the function, till you get the right URLs.

Thanks,
iGetter Support

09-29-2010 11:28 PM

Posted by:
Will

Find more posts by Will

Thanks for the reply, it lets me know you care about your product. Anyway, it has nothing to do with the URL,I have checked to make sure that all of the url's are right, and they are. It has to do with the local file name. It doesn't want to download more than one file with the same name into the same folder (which makes sense). In other words, I'm trying to download 01.txt from www.site/01/01/ thru www.site/01/25; 25 different files, but all with the same file name. GetRight is able to do this by simply adding a -001,-002, etc to the end of the duplicated file name, but before the extension. So in getright, the 01.txt from www.site/01/01 would be named 01.txt, then file 01.txt from www.site/01/02 would be named 01-001.txt, and so on, all to the same folder. Evidently, either iGetter doesn't have this capability, or it does, but I don't know how to use it. I have gotten it to work by making the file names be the number that changes, but with 100 locations on the internet, and only 12 different file names, it makes a lot more sense to have the web page change. On the positive side, when it does work, it's WAY faster that getright.
Again, thanks VERY much for taking the time to reply. Any help in getting this to work would be appreciated.

10-06-2010 09:24 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

Hello,

I've tested your example, and indeed there is a bug with duplicate file names in the "batch downloads" function.

Thank you very much for your bug report. I've added it to our bug tracking software.

Thanks,
iGetter Support

10-17-2010 07:07 PM

Posted by:
heyaguy

Find more posts by heyaguy

What do you mean by "I have gotten it to work by making the file names be the number that changes"

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply