Downloading small 8k zip file corrupt
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

10-13-2010 12:08 PM

Posted by:
bigmoose

Find more posts by bigmoose

I've downloaded a small 8k zip file which includes several small .txt files however when downloaded via iGetter the .zip opens into zipfilename.zip.cpgz and this again opens into a .zip and the cycle is endless.
If I download the same file via any other means such as direct from Chrome or Safari the file downloads correctly and I'm able to open the zip file and see/use the files contained.

I've changed the settings to only download with 1 thread and 1 segment however the problem still persists.

Any ideas on the cause or this and how to correct? Is there a problem using igetter on such small files?

10-14-2010 05:01 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

bigmoose,
I found that if you try to open a file with BOMArchiveHelper (Finder in Mac OS X) that isn't a recognizable archive type, it will automatically compress it into a cpgz archive.

So, the first thing you may do is uncheck the "Post process files" option at iGetter preferences, General panel. Then try to download the same file again. If it has a small size (< 1MB) then rename it adding an ".html" extension. Finally drag and drop it on Safari. Most probably the small file is an ad or error page (that the server is busy, requires a login, etc.). It depends from where you're downloading the file and if that server allows download managers.

Regards,
iGetter Support

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply