< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

11-26-2010 01:29 PM

Posted by:
Mika

Find more posts by Mika

Hi,

Every time I pass a batch of hotfile.com links to iGetter via Flashgot plugin in Firefox, the files don't actually download as 100mb rar files but 4kb html. Now i have direct downloads turned on in my hotfile account and this actually works if I allow the Firefox builtin download manager to do it, but not with iGetter.

Has anyone else had this?

11-29-2010 09:55 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

We don't have a premium hotfile account, but from the reports of other iGetter users about hotfile and other filesharing services you will need to:
1. First enter the following site with your user info in iGetter preferences, Site Manager panel (notice the point before hotfile.com):
http://.hotfile.com/

2. If your premium area has an Options panel turn on the direct downloads option (i.e rapidshare.com has such option).

3. The Hotfile FAQ page states that "Cookies are required for Proxy User". In this case you can use only the "Download (all) with iGetter" browser contextual menu command or click on the download link and wait for iGetter to intercept your download automatically. These functions send a session browser cookie that hotfile may require.
4. Sometimes the hotfile links may point to a html page where the real download is located. In this case if you open the link in your browser you will be able to download the real file with iGetter.

Finally, if the file that you've downloaded with iGetter is very small, add a ".html" extension to it and then open it in your browser. There you will see why you've downloaded that small html page instead of the real download. May be the file is deleted or there is some other problem that hotfile wants to report.

Regards,
iGetter Support

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply