Hotfile suddenly stopped!
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

12-25-2010 07:45 AM

Posted by:
Muhaimen

Find more posts by Muhaimen

I have premium account with hotfile; Before few days I was able to download with the maximum speed, but last two days, iGetter acts strangely with hotfile.
iGetter downloads the file for exactly a second, then stops the download for a second or two, then download for a second and so on.
if I stop the file, the resume function sometimes doesn't work!!

I tried to download the file with the browser directly, guess what? no problems!

I don't know where is from this problem from? is it iGetter or hotfile.com ??

12-27-2010 01:23 PM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

We don't have a premium hotfile account, but their FAQ page states:

quote:
Q.Can broken downloads be resumed?
A. At this point, only Premium members can resume interrupted downloads. They can use extensive server routines which also support the downloading of segments. In this way, a file can be downloaded much faster in parallel to several streams, e.g. with the download accelerator.

Q.I can generally not download any files, what can I do?
A. If you do not have a Premium Account, you have to deactivate a possible Download Accelerator. This resolves the issue in most cases. If you are still encountering problems, you could possibly be blocking our cookies. Cookies are required for Proxy User.

These statements mean that you first need to contact Hotfile about the problem. It's important to see what error appears for hotfile downloads in the iGetter Segments tab panel.

What you may try:

1. First enter the following site with your user info in iGetter preferences, Site Manager panel (notice the point before hotfile.com):

http://.hotfile.com/

2. See if you have turned on the "Obey speed limit" (Cmd+L) Downloads menu option (look at the bottom right corner of the iGetter window for a speed limit slider). If so, turn it off.
3. When you add a hotfile link use the "Download with iGetter" contextual menu command or click on the link and wait for iGetter to intercept the download. These two functions support session cookies.
4. Install the FlashGot add-on in Firefox and then just click on a hotfile.com link. When the Firefox save dialog appears choose iGetter to download the file with iGetter.

Regards,
iGetter Support

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply