startup questions
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

12-30-2010 01:46 PM

Posted by:
John Bigley

Find more posts by John Bigley

I must be missing something. When I try to set up a scheduled download, the file downloads immediately. I have disabled the automatic downloading option in Prefs but it does it anyway.

I'm not sure about the proper sequence in setting up a scheduled download. Do you set the timer, then drag in the URL? or vice-versa?

Has anyone posted step by step directions on how to do this for us newbies?

I'm using Safari 5.0.1 and have activated the browser integration function in iGetter.

Thanks for any insight into this question.
John

12-31-2010 08:10 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

If you just want to add some URLs and download them later through the iGetter schedule function, follow these steps:

1. Uncheck the "Start downloading immediately" option at iGetter preferences, General panel.
2. Add some downloads to iGetter from the Apple's site: http://support.apple.com/downloads/

3. Downloads should appear in iGetter in paused state. (You may also pause any started download, if you want to download it later, by selecting the file and the pushing the Pause button on the toolbar).
4. Use the iGetter "Schedule downloads" Tools menu function to set a schedule start and stop time. It's good to test the schedule function before to use it overnight.

Regards,
iGetter Support

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply