trying to download
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

01-15-2011 02:25 PM

Posted by:
Rob

Find more posts by Rob

when i paste a link into Igetter, i see it for a second and then it disappears completely. What am i doing wrong ?

01-17-2011 12:58 PM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

Hello Rob,
Most probably you've downloaded some error page where the download server wants to warn/ask you something. To find what causes the problem, select some of the downloaded small files in the iGetter History list. Double click on one of them to locate the physical file. If the file has a small size (< 1MB) then try to rename it adding an ".html" extension. Next open it in your browser and see if there is some useful info about the problem. It may be an error page (that the server is busy, requires a login, etc.).

What you can try:
1. Use only your default browser when you download from that site. iGetter reads the default browser's cookie when you paste a link manually.
2. Try to download the file using the "Download with iGetter" contextual menu command.
3. You can also try the Firefox browser with the FlashGot add-on installed (https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/220/). Then just click on a download link in Firefox and when the save dialog appears choose iGetter to download the file with iGetter.

Regards,
iGetter Support

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply