Disconnect when finished
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

12-18-2001 12:59 PM

Posted by:
Scaryfish

Find more posts by Scaryfish

For some reason when I press the Disconnect when Finished button, and all the files are finished downloading, it disconnects but then immediately redials. Has anyone else had this problem?

I have a feeling the problem might be because I'm using WebWasher, which acts as a web proxy, and it tries to send or request some data just after being disconnected. Is there any way to force iGetter to ignore the proxy settings of the Internet control panel?

Thanks.

=)
><>

01-10-2002 02:39 PM

Posted by:
John

Find more posts by John

Scaryfish
Did you solve the immediate redial problem? My iGetter is doing the same. After download. it disconnects, then immediately dials out again. I want to be able to leave it downloading while I go to bed, safe in the knowledge that I won't be connected all night. Let me know what you have found. Cheers

01-11-2002 09:07 PM

Posted by:
scaryfish

Find more posts by scaryfish

Nope.

The only workaround I've found is to check the "sleep when finished" button. When the computer sleeps it terminates all remote access connections and it can't redial because it is asleep.

=)
><>

04-04-2002 04:56 PM

Posted by:
David Menge

Find more posts by David Menge

disconnect when finished

I have the same problem, that iGetter disconnect when downloads are finished, but redial at once for no obvious reason. In fact the equalizer-like window shows activity also after finishing the downloads.
I don't use webwasher.

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply