< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

02-14-2011 04:35 AM

Posted by:
Sebastian Taenzer

Find more posts by Sebastian Taenzer

Hello,

latest iGetter doesn't integrate with Firefox 4.
Any chance to get this fixed?

Thanks,
Sebastian

02-14-2011 02:28 PM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

Hello Sebastian,
Some APIs have been changed significantly in Firefox 4, so we will release a new version of iGetter that supports that browser, most probably near to the Firefox 4 official release.

The workaround is to install the FlashGot add-on from here:
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/220/

With this add-on you will be able to choose iGetter on the Firefox save dialog as well as use several contextual menu commands that work with iGetter.

Regards,
iGetter Support

02-15-2011 09:26 AM

Posted by:
Sebastian

Find more posts by Sebastian

Thanks

Thanks for the info! Looking forward to a native integration when FF4 is released.

04-18-2011 10:33 AM

Posted by:
Mark

Find more posts by Mark

Igetter with Firefox 4.0

I've been on here before with other issues concerning Igetter not wanting to work with Filesonic and have went to a different server because of the issue and now I'm faced with Igetter not working with FireFox 4.0. I understand that a new version of Igetter will work but when is going to be released? Trying to keep up with the Joneses is getting to be tiresome. I also hope Igetter will keep in mind that Mac is releasing and new system this summer and I hope the Igetter will work with it without a hitch.

04-18-2011 02:13 PM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Hello Mark,
Did you try the FlashGot add-on for Firefox 4 suggested before?

Regards,
iGetter Support

04-21-2011 06:04 PM

Posted by:
Mark

Find more posts by Mark

Igetter with firefox 4.0

I tried the work around but got an error message that it wasn't compatable. Also it downloaded everything on the page.

04-22-2011 02:43 PM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Hello Mark,
What error message appeared when you tried to install FlashGot 1.2.9.2 from the following link: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/220/? It works fine on our machines with Firefox 4 and current version of iGetter.

The corresponding commands are:
"Download with iGetter" -> "FlashGot Link"
"Download all with iGetter" -> "FlashGot All"
"Download selection with iGetter" -> "FlashGot Selection"

FlashGot also adds iGetter as an option on the Firefox save file dialog, which appears when you click on a download link:

05-02-2011 10:31 PM

Posted by:
mark

Find more posts by mark

Firefox 4.0

well its been 38+ days since Firefox 4.0 has been release and still no real fix for Igetter. I thought that a new version of Igettter was going to be release around the same time. Right now Igetter is almost useless even with the work around. The downloads are very slow and with some sites such as Filesonic it just plain doesn't work. Wonders if there is something better out there for Mac's that is fast and can work with Firefox?

05-03-2011 06:15 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Mark,
Filesonic and the new release of Opera are current reasons for delay of the new iGetter release. Filesonic requires a big change in the iGetter logic, so we need to develop some workaround (with an option or some other way). Otherwise, iGetter add-on that is compatible with Firefox 4 is long ago implemented. Your complain seems to be related to the performance of sites from which you download. "The downloads are very slow" could be caused by anything (i.e. slow download servers, proxy server, overload of your connection, turned on iGetter speed limit, etc.). Post a bug report with all info required and a public URL for testing. Also try some downloads on the Apple site and see if the problem persists: http://support.apple.com/downloads/

Note that currently FlashGot provides better integration with the additional option on the Firefox save dialog. For some reason Firefox (old and new version) doesn't send downloads that use "Content-disposition" HTTP entity to the iGetter plugin (i.e. download.com).

Regards,
iGetter Support

05-14-2011 11:39 AM

Posted by:
Tony Hackenberg

Find more posts by Tony Hackenberg

iGetter 2.8.5 not cmpatible with Firefox 4.0.1

When will a native release of iGetter be available that's compatible with Firefox 4.x?

Don't give me the lame excuse to download the workaround (Flashgot). I purchase iGetter and I expect it to work with Firefox direclty.

Regards,
Tony

05-15-2011 10:49 PM

Posted by:
Mark

Find more posts by Mark

When is the NEW Igetter coming out?

When can we all expect an new version of Igetter that will address compatibility issues with FireFox 4.0 and other issues with FileSonic, FileFactory, & FileServer. I've tried the workarounds and sometimes they work and sometimes they don't and they have become a lot of time and effort to do them. We were originally told that a new version would be released at about the same time as FireFox 4.0 release and FireFox 4.0 was release over a month ago. Have I wasted my money on Igetter because they can't keep up and what will happen to Igetter when Lion is released? I sure don't want to have to go back to PC pased machine to do downloads and uploads for it will not be on Igetter.
When will we see the NEW Igetter....When??

05-16-2011 04:08 PM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Tony,
FlashGot's contextual menu commands work in the same way as iGetter add-on? So what in FlashGot you don't like? For example you don't like the text of the FlashGot commands that you have to use? If FlashGot doesn't work for you, please tell us what, so we can avoid problems with the iGetter add-on?

To anyone who want to download from filesharing services we always recommend the FlashGot add-on. Some links point to another pages where real downloads start, so FlashGot is the only option for most filesharing services. You only need to click on the download link and use the additional functionality that FlashGot provides.

@Mark,
You say that you have "issues with FileSonic, FileFactory, & FileServer"? Did you ever post any bug report about FileFactory or FileServer with any error logs? If not, why do you expect any fix for them? And after all what these filesharing services have in common with the compatibility of iGetter add-on and Firefox 4?

In addition, your order is from February 2010. It seems a little unreasonable that you still guess if you've "wasted your money". iGetter history starts in 2001 when Mac OS X 10.0 was just released (http://presenta.net/history.htm). So, after 10 years, iGetter is still alive and we don't plan to stop here.

Thanks,
iGetter Support

05-17-2011 04:17 PM

Posted by:
mark

Find more posts by mark

Igetter/firefox issues

I have reported the issues and was directed to this forum and have tried all the fixes and as I said it works sometimes and other times not. You still have not answered the question when is there going to be a new Igetter that will address the problems. Requardless of when I purchased this program or how long I've had it I expect it to work and guess what if it works I will sing the graces of how good it is and you'll get more customers. Igetter may be around for years if it fixes its problems on a timely basis.
GOOD software will be around for many years but if you don't keep up with the time and address the problems quickly you will loose customers.... I don't think you'd like to see the issues being addressed on PlanetFeedBack!

05-18-2011 01:44 AM

Posted by:
anon

Find more posts by anon

It's been stated that flashgot works like igetter's contextual plugin. Well not for me. There is no contextual menu with flashgot, at least for me with FF4.

So I'll add to the chorus being chanted in here, but a little more sarcastically, what YEAR can we expect a new version of igetter?

05-18-2011 06:40 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

anon,
That really sounds like a problem. We add contextual menus almost the same way as FlashGot. If you can't choose iGetter in the FlashGot options, then most probably you have two copies of iGetter installed on your machine and FlashGot can't recognize which one to start. Just remove the redundant copies of iGetter and leave only one copy, then restart Firefox.

Here is a picture of FlashGot CM commands (tested with FlashGot v1.2.8.5 and current v1.2.9.4 and Firefox 4.0 and 4.0.1 on Mac OS X 10.6):

05-18-2011 09:02 PM

Posted by:
anon

Find more posts by anon

Well that's not what I see with FF4.0.1, flashgot 1.2.9.4, OSX 10.6.5. I made sure only one copy of igetter was available on my system. I rechecked the flashgot's prefs to make sure it specified igetter.

http://img805.imageshack.us/img805/8266/flashgotoptions.png

On the chance that flashgot is incompatible with one of my other extensions I started disabling all the other extensions and DID get flashgot's contextuals to appear.

http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/7927/flashgotexample.png

It turns out that Flashgot is apparently incompatible with Menu Editor (1.2.7). Disabling Menu Editor got the contextuals to appear as shown above.

However, while I see flashgot contextuals, they are not quite the same as you show in your picture. My main contextual shows iGetter and Speed Download which are both on my system. Yours doesn't show either.

Also the contextual Flashgot Options submenu is different. Mine lists all possible download managers as I guess yours does too but yours only has cURL and iGetter. But your iGetter is checked. Mine is not. And iGetter will not be invoked if I attempt to select the main contextuals iGetter or Flashgot Link.

So I guess if iGetter is going to do whatever Flashgot is doing I might as well forget about any download managers that are external to FF. I'm not willing to discard the Menu Editor and even if I was the contextual wouldn't work anyhow.

One last question. In that picture you show, would iGetter actually get invoked? If so I'm at a loss to explain why my system is behaving any different. I suppose that it might be something that got fixed in OS X 10.6.6. I use 10.6.5 and never plan to update beyond that (a long story not pertinent here, short story is I refuse to ever have the App Store software on my system).

[meta-question - there is no "advanced" editor in this forum software so how can I embed pictures like you do as opposed to giving links like I did?]

05-19-2011 06:38 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

anon,
We tested FlashGot 1.2.9.4 and Menu Editor 1.2.7 (installed after FlashGot) on Mac OS X 10.6.5. FlashGot CM commands appear and start iGetter fine, so most probably you need to add/allow these commands in Menu Editor (ours was already added and allowed):

Just for a test, I manually disabled "FlashGot Link" in Menu Editor:

Here are all FlashGot preferences that run by default (we only selected iGetter in the General panel).
The first screenshot shows the Advanced panel where you can detect all currently installed download managers on your machine. Before you click on "Detect Now" button, you can start iGetter from your "Applications" folder, first. Make sure also that you've deleted any iGetter app from your trash can. Then by the "Show Log" button, you may search if the line "iGetter|OK" appears in the last detection log.

All vB Codes for this forum are listed here:
http://presenta.net/forums/index.php3?action=bbcode

05-19-2011 03:35 PM

Posted by:

Find more posts by

I had already tried most of the stuff you mentioned however in the case of the Menu Editor I don't have the "Main context menu" choices you show related to Flashgot except just Flashgot itself and even that doesn't appear in the contextual menu.

As for the log there is indeed an entry that says "iGetter|OK" but I'm wondering about the following line:

Running /Volumes/main/anon/Library/Application Support/Firefox/Profiles/hebz6hhj.testing/FlashGot -- blocking

It's the word "blocking" that concerns me but I really don't know if that is normal or not.

Oh well, at the moment I'm stuck. The only additional step I might try to do is set up a clean new FF profile and see how that behaves with just Menu Editor and Flashgot added.

Finally thanks to the pointer to the vB Codes.

05-20-2011 05:01 AM

Posted by:
anon

Find more posts by anon

Ok, answers found (more-or-less) and problems solved.

I experimented with a fresh profile and the menu editor did work and showed the flashgot menu items. But initially I still couldn't get it to send downloads to iGetter. After some thought I solved that problem.

It turns out that flashgot insists that igetter (and I assume any of the other download managers that might be available) cannot be renamed. I generally always append an app's version number to the app name. For iGetter it would be called "iGetter 2.8.5.app". Flashgot won't find that. It must be named "iGetter.app". I don't like it but I can live with it.

As for the menu editor I really don't have an full explanation why the flashgot menu items were not showing with my original full profile but did show in the fresh profile. But I noticed that the menu editor's preferences had a "Reset All" button.

I went back to my original full profile and tried the menu editor's Reset All. After doing that the flashgot options were now appearing in the contextual. I assume some of the preferences got screwed up somewhere along the line and the Reset All cleared the problems. I'll never know of course what the actual problem was that was fouling up the menu editor.

So in the end I now can get flashgot to work with iGetter in my main profile with the menu editor -- at least for the moment :-)

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply